• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

"I met guys that I’m going to have relationships with for life,” he said. “It was a blessing to be able to go there, and to be able to get the academic accomplishments that I was able to achieve. I’m thankful for everything I’ve learned.

“So, thank you to the fans, and thank you to everyone that belongs to Wake. Go Deacs! But, it’s time for me to move on.”

That's tayvon Bowers statement about transferring. Jamie should have taken some notes from him.

It was odd seeing Jamie go from an underdog story with some of the most passion I've ever seen from a Wake player(watch him after TDs from last years' State and Memphis games, and Utah St this year) to a bit of a sulker who publicly blames his receivers and shows frustration with his coaches. I think the success, unfortunately, went to his head. Hope he's at least getting good advice from "his people" as it's far too easy for agents, sleazy uncles, preachers, etc. to steer kids wrong.

"I met guys that I’m going to have relationships with for life,” he said. “It was a blessing to be able to go there, and to be able to get the academic accomplishments that I was able to achieve. I’m thankful for everything I’ve learned.

“So, thank you to the fans, and thank you to everyone that belongs to Wake. Go Deacs! But, it’s time for me to move on.”

That's tayvon Bowers statement about transferring. Jamie should have taken some notes from him.

yep

Yep. That's how you do it.

Hard to disagree with that.

Get Accomplishments that you are able to Achieve ! Rinse. Repeat !

Saw a FSU rivals article suggesting they ask Jamie to FSU, but saying Oregon is the fav..

And that gives the right for some here to slam him and promise to hate him forever. It seems many of the selfish posters (true fans want their players to do well in life) need to heed such posts for themselves.

If he goes to FSU no one is allowed to criticize people for having negative thoughts on Newman.

Going to F$U would be a horrific choice. They are getting a new coach and a new offense. It would make no sense.

It would be perfectly OK to say he made a bad choice to go there, but it would be wrong to make it personal.

Going to F$U would be a horrific choice. They are getting a new coach and a new offense. It would make no sense.

It would be perfectly OK to say he made a bad choice to go there, but it would be wrong to make it personal.

LOL, we beat FSU by two points with Hartman at the helm and FSU sleepwalking through a mid-season road game in the rain with an idiot at head coach. FSU still has plenty of talent on both sides of the ball, their new coach has prepared and coached against Newman, and he would likely be the presumed starter from day one.

To say that it wouldn't be personal to transfer to a team in your own division is absolutely moronic. But it's an RJ post, so I guess that's par for the course.

Idk how you read an article like the above from 247 and then have a hunch he’s headed to 4 win State

So, you could have done anything you wanted after graduating from Wake, but Jamie can't.

Got it!

Jamie can go wherever he wants

I hope he wins fewer games than Hartman next year, and if he goes to NC State or Florida State, I'm ok with him going winless

Back