• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Departures

That's awesome for both, and especially impressive from Tree.

In the scheme of things Rondale transferring now does not matter a whole lot in that it is doubtful we'd bring in more than 1 more for 2015.

I don't think the 5th year of eligibility thing happens in basketball.
Did Leonard or Coron play 5 years total, or 3, then graduate, then 1?

Darius Leonard only played 3 years before coming to Wake. He sat out a year at Campbell after transferring from Kent State.

Post grad years only give you immediate eligibility, not an extra year.

I don't think the 5th year of eligibility thing happens in basketball.
Did Leonard or Coron play 5 years total, or 3, then graduate, then 1?

You have 5 years to play 4 seasons. So those others were either RS juniors, or just graduated after 3 years like Tree.

Yes I am aware. If you read, the question I am asking is whether he would be precluded from a postgrad 5th year by graduating early.

Oh. So you're stupid. I was assuming you weren't. Since you are stupid, I'll have to explain it to you.

All players get up to 5 years of a scholarship to complete 4 years of eligibility. Of course, a player with two seasons of injury like Green could get a 6th year to complete 4 years. A player who completed 3 years of eligibility in 4 years like Leonard or Coron would get a 5th year to play elsewhere. A player like Rountree who completes 3 years of eligibility in 3 years only gets the 4th year. Obviously, it's rare that a player graduates in 3 years.

Yes I am aware. If you read, the question I am asking is whether he would be precluded from a postgrad 5th year by graduating early.
Leonard only had 4 years of eligibility. He had to sit out a year when he transferred (but was still taking classes during that year). So he graduated from Campbell (in 4 academic years) with 1 year of eligibility remaining. Same applies to Coron, but he just redshirted, rather than transferring and sitting out a year.

Oh. So you're stupid. I was assuming you weren't. Since you are stupid, I'll have to explain it to you.

All players get up to 5 years of a scholarship to complete 4 years of eligibility. Of course, a player with two seasons of injury like Green could get a 6th year to complete 4 years. A player who completed 3 years of eligibility in 4 years like Leonard or Coron would get a 5th year to play elsewhere. A player like Rountree who completes 3 years of eligibility in 3 years only gets the 4th year. Obviously, it's rare that a player graduates in 3 years.

Thank you for that beige tower 3rd tier public school wisdom. Much obliged.

We need to come up with a way to have like five post-grads at a time. So like kids would rush through their studies at their first schools or transfer at least once so they could transfer to Wake and play with other post-grads and dominate all the other youngsters and one-and-dones.

We need to come up with a way to have like five post-grads at a time. So like kids would rush through their studies at their first schools so they could transfer to Wake and play with other post-grads and dominate all the other youngsters and one-and-dones.

Would OWG's be cool with this? Need a ruling.

We need to come up with a way to have like five post-grads at a time. So like kids would rush through their studies at their first schools or transfer at least once so they could transfer to Wake and play with other post-grads and dominate all the other youngsters and one-and-dones.

We would be the anti-UK.

That you for that beige tower 3rd tier public school wisdom. Much obliged.

You asked a dumb question then gave a condescending response to a straightforward answer.

Would OWG's be cool with this? Need a ruling.

Perhaps we could start a Masters program in something cool that no other school has.

Best of luck to Aaron Rountree. Always appreciated the effort he put forth every time he stepped foot on the court. NC boy and a great rep of Wake Forest.

I aspire to the level of astuteness of the velvet robed scholars that grace your halls on the reg.

Dude, hot chicks with implants wear bikinis to his Sociology classes. If anyone's wearing a velvet robe, it's part of a slutty Halloween costume or she's in between shifts at an all-nude strip club. We just WISH we had gone to school there.

I aspire to the level of astuteness of the velvet robed scholars that grace your halls on the reg.

I wish to not stoop to the depths of the cluelessness of your fellow fry cooks at The Varsity.

Dude, hot chicks with implants wear bikinis to his Sociology classes. If anyone's wearing a velvet robe, it's part of a slutty Halloween costume or she's in between shifts at an all-nude strip club. We just WISH we had gone to school there.

Pretty much.

Back