• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Departures

I'm unclear on the Daniel Green element of this thread. Did he or did he not have eligibility in 2015-16?

Considering Aaron just graduated in 3 years from a top school while playing basketball the whole time, you would think he might be an attractive candidate for an Ivy league school. Not sure he is talented enough to play for Harvard, but he could play for a mid level Ivy and get an outstanding undergrad/grad school resume going. Props to that dude.

As for Rondale, his scholarship is still an issue because he will tie up a scholarship for 3 additional years, not just next year. If we hit it big in the Harry Giles class and want to bring in one additional player but are out of schollies while Rondale sits on the pine, then that is a problem.

I spotted Tree at pretty much every football game the past few years and seemed to always have time to talk to anybody.

DG will be 23 this coming basketball season in October. Too bad he couldn't stick around and finish his last year of eligibility in the next three years.

re: Rondale, so do we think this announcement precludes any additional transfers?

Good luck to Green and Rountree. Green had a rough go of it with his injuries, and Rountree had some darn infectious enthusiasm.

Gonna miss Tree. His dunk in the UVA game was about the only part of that game that was worth watching! I always figured he was the best recruiter on the team - compared to Codi, Madison, Devin, etc. Those guys are going to have to step up their player recruiting to help Danny sell the recruits on MSD.

I think Roundtree is a really neat kid. A good teammate. Is he planning to play elsewhere after graduation?

Congratulations to Aaron. Props to him for completing Wake in 3 years. I would think High Point would be a great option and since he is eligible immediately, he can stay local and check on his buddies.

I think there are rules that preclude freshman from announcing a transfer too early.

If we don't hear anything by mid-april re: Rondale, I think he'll be in Winston next year

I think DG does have another year of eligibility since he has only played 3 years. Didn't he get a second RS year because he got injured so early in the season 2 years ago?

As far as a 5th year of eligibility, if the rule hasn't changed, you only get 4 years in 1 sport, but you can get a 5th year in a different sport. At least that is my recollection.

Tree could be double major. Wake only allows one discipline to be listed on diploma. You get to choose which one, at least that was the way it worked back in 1989.

What's the scholly situation? Didn't we recruit like one extra player that we didn't for sure have a spot for unless someone left. So now we have a spot for that person and one other player?

Wish Aaron nothing but the best. Kid did what was asked and couldn't help being involved in one hell of a sports disaster. Appreciate his contributions.

Last edited:
Back