• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Thanks, can you find Scout or ESPN? The Xavier premium board seems to have a lot of updates that I can't access.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/basketball/recruiting/player-Antonio-Campbell-136181

I wasn't able to find a profile on Scout or ESPN, but here's some information that I was able to find on the fly.

Here's Campbell's Rivals Profile:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Antonio-Campbell-136181

From Triple Double Prospects (never heard of them, but information is information as long as it doesn't come from the Bleacher Report):

• Antonio Campbell- ’13 Holy Cross PF: The junior inside outside forward was an unknown before this year as he played at tiny Cincinnati College Prep Academy before moving over the river to play at Holy Cross. The experiment has been a success so far as the 6’8 Campbell has dominated play in NKY to the tune of 19.5 points and 12.5 rebounds a game, while shooting over 50% from the field. A three point shooter who can score in the post, or throw down a dunk in transition, Campbell has established himself as a clear cut Division I prospect whose name should blow up even bigger in the spring AAU circuit.

From Cincy Prep Hoops Report:

Antonio Campbell: The Kentucky Legends have a really solid player in Cincinnati native Antonio Campbell. A 6'6 PF and current sophomore at Cincinnati College Preparatory Academy, a small charter school downtown, Antonio can stretch the defense with his deadly three ball or go up and catch an alley-oop. He is an interesting under the radar prospect in this class.

Some of my own impressions:
-Lateral quickness is sub-par and, as some have pointed out, he's not much of an athlete, but he doesn't look like he's particularly well-conditioned, either.
-Looks like he has been growing, which sounds about right considering he was listed at 6'6 last year and considering how underdeveloped his frame looks... Big body, though. You can't teach that.
-Touch looks excellent and he seems to have a few post moves down.
-Obviously the perimeter shooting is a nice, albeit strange, addition.
-Not a heck of a lot else outside of this, but looking forward to hearing more about him this summer. Reminds me a bit of Tony Nunn, so assuming we have an open schollie, he may be worth considering.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a doughy-er, poor man's demarcus cousins.

Reminds me of a doughy-er, poor man's demarcus cousins.

Let's not get carried away...

A poor man's DeMarcus Cousins would hardly be an unheralded recruit... Dajuan Coleman could be called a poor man's Cousins and he's an elite recruit.

Cousins was one of the best high school big men that I've ever seen. This kid has potential and some skills, but he's not even close to being a beggar's DeMarcus Cousins.

Last edited:
Yeah I was not trying to say they were on the same level (or anywhere close), more that they have similar styles of play and DMC would be a good player to emulate.

http://highschoolsports.pennlive.co...knock-off-central-york-in-3-aaaa-round-of-16/

CD converted only three field goals in the first five minutes of its District 3-AAAA first-round contest with Central York and trailed 13-8.

That's when 6-9 senior Devin Thomas decided to take over, scoring the next 14 points of the game en route to a 31-point night as the Rams moved on the quarterfinals with a 64-38 victory.

http://highschoolsports.pennlive.co...knock-off-central-york-in-3-aaaa-round-of-16/

CD converted only three field goals in the first five minutes of its District 3-AAAA first-round contest with Central York and trailed 13-8.

That's when 6-9 senior Devin Thomas decided to take over, scoring the next 14 points of the game en route to a 31-point night as the Rams moved on the quarterfinals with a 64-38 victory.

#beastmode

One question I had was, how did he rattle off the next 14 points, yet net 10?

charlie_brown_football-5357.jpg

I just got a chance to talk to Dave Telep over the phone, and I asked him about Wake's 6 man class. He said it is a very solid class, but doesn't know how much of an impact they will have immediately. I don't believe he has seen Devin Thomas recently though. He said the impact of the class as a whole will really hinge on Codi's ability to run a team because that is what Wake is going to need him to do. That's why he does not have him ranked as high as some of the other guys do.. because he hasn't shown a true ability to run and lead a team. He said he's a great talent but will really need to learn to do that quickly to make a big impact because he is going to need to do that from the minute he steps on campus

I just got a chance to talk to Dave Telep over the phone, and I asked him about Wake's 6 man class. He said it is a very solid class, but doesn't know how much of an impact they will have immediately. I don't believe he has seen Devin Thomas recently though. He said the impact of the class as a whole will really hinge on Codi's ability to run a team because that is what Wake is going to need him to do. That's why he does not have him ranked as high as some of the other guys do.. because he hasn't shown a true ability to run and lead a team. He said he's a great talent but will really need to learn to do that quickly to make a big impact because he is going to need to do that from the minute he steps on campus

So he basically is saying he hasn't seen him this season at Hargrave, where he is probably averaging double digit assist. Thanks for the post though.

So he basically is saying he hasn't seen him this season at Hargrave, where he is probably averaging double digit assist. Thanks for the post though.

And where he's the PG for an undefeated team. :laugh:

Its a fair enough concern. He's being evaluated as a point guard and needs to be more consistent in his leadership.

I wonder how many guys are really evaluated based on the needs of their future program though.

Telep on Codi 8 months ago: Would like to see Codi Miller-McIntyre take control of team. Next step is game management. Talented guard.

It is the exact same evaluation. And again I don't think Telep has seen him but once since then in November. The knock on him coming into his senior year was that he was more of a combo. I've watched a couple of Hargrave games and CMM is running the point and leading the team. He has even had some clutch performances. Like I said yesterday I don't think he could have done anything more for a season to allay those concerns.

Greenfield won by 30 this morning. On to the state semis tomorrow for Aaron.

Odd that they play during the day. Really glad they focus on the students' academic prowess.

It's a hilariously stupid system. They play all the games of a level at one location, but for whatever reason, they alternate boys games and girls games.

So at the 1A level, today was quarterfinals. That means 4 boys games and 4 girls games. The girls 1v8 game started at 10 AM, and the boys 2v7 game is at 830 PM.

Its a nightmare for coaches trying to catch the action.

It's a hilariously stupid system. They play all the games of a level at one location, but for whatever reason, they alternate boys games and girls games.

So at the 1A level, today was quarterfinals. That means 4 boys games and 4 girls games. The girls 1v8 game started at 10 AM, and the boys 2v7 game is at 830 PM.

Its a nightmare for coaches trying to catch the action.

I've never heard of anything as stupid as that. :wtf::tard:

I've never heard of anything as stupid as that. :wtf::tard:

Ron Wellman named Jeff [Redacted] Wake Forest's head coach in men's basketball. Trumped.

(not to start an argument, but the chance for the joke was there so I took it.)

Ron Wellman named Jeff [Redacted] Wake Forest's head coach in men's basketball. Trumped.

(not to start an argument, but the chance for the joke was there so I took it.)

:golfclap:Well played and pos rep... oh and:sick:

Back