• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Some great stuff from Rick Lewis including updated evaluations on Codi and Aaron. Enjoy!

http://phenomhoopreport.com/then-now-looking-back-at-carolina-challenge-players/

I still don't know what to think about CMM's ranking.

Telep has seen him play a lot (and lives in NC) and has him ranked significantly lower/considers him to be signficantly "less" of a prospect (40+ spots so) than these local guys give him credit for being.

Is this a case of recruiting homerism or are we really sitting on an underrated gem?

I think DT is part of the group at ESPN, so maybe he is being outvoted on Codi. I think Rick and Gibbons are pretty objective, so I assume he is a top 40 player.

Other than a preseason visit, I don't think Telep has watched Hargrave much at all (if any) this season.

Looks like there's a solid chance that both Hargrave and Oak Hill will end the season with undefeated records. They should battle it out in one final game.

Other than a preseason visit, I don't think Telep has watched Hargrave much at all (if any) this season.

Looks like there's a solid chance that both Hargrave and Oak Hill will end the season with undefeated records. They should battle it out in one final game.

I figured that could be a possibility, too, but I find it somewhat hard to believe. The dude watches an absurd amount of NC HS basketball.

He's a fiend for the NC-scene and one of the reasons why they're on so many NC prospects so soon, as opposed to the west coast kids (who have to wait until AAU summer season).

But, if it's true, then it's true. Still somewhat unbelievable, though. You'd think he'd want to evaluate a guy that some claim is the best PG prospect in NC.

The last two times Telep mentioned seeing CMM in person were at the NBA Camp during the summer (DaveTelep: Would like to see Codi Miller-McIntyre take control of team. Next step is game management. Talented guard., Codi Miller-McIntyre was a 31 percent shooter from 3 as a junior. At last month's NBA Camp he was dialed in. Must be working hard on that J) and at the National Prep Showcase in November where he tweeted about seeing Andre (Andre Washington looks like he's starting to gain confidence. Good sign. Maybe confidence and weights will be key at WF #NPS). Codi played really well at the NPS.

The last two times Telep mentioned seeing CMM in person were at the NBA Camp during the summer (DaveTelep: Would like to see Codi Miller-McIntyre take control of team. Next step is game management. Talented guard., Codi Miller-McIntyre was a 31 percent shooter from 3 as a junior. At last month's NBA Camp he was dialed in. Must be working hard on that J) and at the National Prep Showcase in November where he tweeted about seeing Andre (Andre Washington looks like he's starting to gain confidence. Good sign. Maybe confidence and weights will be key at WF #NPS). Codi played really well at the NPS.

I should clarify my point.

All of our players were dropped in the last rankings adjustment even though supposedly they're all playing much better than last summer. It's one thing if it's just pure speculation, but I'd expect the ESPN guys to be better than that when it comes to watching prospects playing for an undefeated basketball factory... (Did I hallucinate Telep mentioning that Charles Buggs looked good a few months ago?)

Telep is ESPN's southeast guy and one their premier analysts, so something just seems off about the 40+ spot discrepancy between local and national analysts...

I should clarify my point.

All of our players were dropped in the last rankings adjustment even though supposedly they're all playing much better than last summer. It's one thing if it's just pure speculation, but I'd expect the ESPN guys to be better than that when it comes to watching prospects playing for an undefeated basketball factory... (Did I hallucinate Telep mentioning that Charles Buggs looked good a few months ago?)

Telep is ESPN's southeast guy and one their premier analysts, so something just seems off about the 40+ spot discrepancy between local and national analysts...

In re to Buggs he wrote a feature article on the Hargrave program in October that talked about how Hargrave helps guys like Buggs get a schollie. Then around the time of the NPS he mentioned that Buggs committed to Minnesota.

As far as our guys dropping, he saw Moto recently before updating the rankings and wrote a blog piece that would explain his thinking. I have no idea if he has seen Hargrave more than the times I listed but I don't think he has mentioned it and I don't know what kind of crazy schedule he has if he should or could have seen them more. Maybe he had seen other players more recently that really impressed him rather than CMM disappointing him but in the end I don't think it really matters... I don't know what Codi could have done to drastically move up. I don't think any other of our recruits, save for maybe Devin who has just recently started blowing up, warrant any complaint about ranking.

Last edited:

Coach Corbean was checking out this guy tonight. His shorts are far too short.

Cannot find him in any of the databases.

Last edited:

Coach Corbean was checking out this guy tonight. His shorts are far too short.

Cannot find him in any of the databases.

I think that kid looks pretty good to be honest. Wide body too. Of course, I don't know his competition, so how good he looks is based off that somewhat. Not being in any databases, while not a huge deal, isn't the best sign

To be 6'8" it seems he really plays below the rim which might be a problem in college. He does do a great job of keeping the ball up on the pass and not letting smaller defenders slap it away. Seems like he has decent touch.

Yeah that's way too many observations from one video of a guy I've never heard of.

Back