• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

He ain't no Morgan Wooten....WAAAAAAAAAH I lost and the guy who coached here before me was a legend...so take that...

Classless...

How do you talk shit after getting beat by said team 3 times in the same season? :tard:

I wish we could land Greg and one of our 12 SFs could just stroke it Harrison Barnes style to make the line up work.

I do not think we would take his commitment at this point without any other roster turnover. I hope I'm wrong though, even though we need a shooter.

CMM, Washington, and Rountree were at the game tonight.

CMM, Washington, and Rountree were at the game tonight.

I was really tempted to walk over to them at the 23 pt deficit and say "If you guys play well, you'll be fucking heroes."

Haha

But seriously, I think this raises a point that bears repeating; just like in other real-world transactions, offers likely aren't black and white in the recruiting context, either. There are offers, and then there are offers. If [Redacted] says to a college player, "Son, we are really impressed with your recent play and growth over the past year. The coaches and I agree that we'd love to have you join our roster in 2012 and become part of the Wake Forest family should there be a fit." Or, "We are of course scouting at other players, but we are really impressed with you and depending on how things progress in our evaluations, we'd love to have you join the Wake Forest program." Are those offers?

I kind of doubt there are more than a very small handful of players who, at any moment, could call up the coaching staff and accept on the spot, bingo game over. I'm guessing for most players it's a constant contact, give-and-take communique that may or may not end up in a straight-up offer. My guess is McClinton is no different.

So far McClinton has Wake Forest as the only in state school he is interested in or has received interest in. Like was stated this is easily subject to change....looks like Bz. is battling with Colorado for a 2013 recruit Jordan Scott, haha

So do any of our commits or recruiting targets have some sweet highlight reels set to some rap song? I know they don't translate to actual performance much but they usually help get me excited about recruiting.

Sure, what would you like?

Moto scored 18 tonight in a 25 point state quarterfinal win. Beat Kendall Marshall's old school. I'll go with that for now.

Last edited:
Did Moto play tonight? Can't find anything.

Weird that Cav's layoff is so long too. I believe they play on Sat. CMM and Dre's big tourney starts next Tues.

Back