• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Yea Moto won tonight. I edited my post.

The Washington Post's high school site has improved exponentially in the past few years. That's where I'm going for the Moto news. For some reason it doesn't link well here though.

Anyway, Moto's semifinal game will be on Friday. Probably against Benedictine (Michael Gbinije's old school). It's the 2 seed vs. the 3 seed, but I think Moto's team is a significant favorite.

Yea Benedictine won over Trinity tonight 52-50. So it's Episcopal Benedictine Friday night

Sure, what would you like?

Moto scored 18 tonight in a 25 point state quarterfinal win. Beat Kendall Marshall's old school. I'll go with that for now.

Nice. I just know how hard Tree took the loss and, on the off chance he lurks, it was kind of a harsh reminder.

What are the chances on this Kennedy Meeks guy? 6'9", 275lbs according to ESPN. YES PLEASE!!!

Outside of all the LOWF talk, why is Devin only a 3 star?? Can he not shoot outside of 5 feet a la Tony Woods or something?

Outside of all the LOWF talk, why is Devin only a 3 star?? Can he not shoot outside of 5 feet a la Tony Woods or something?

From the videos I've seen, he has much more game than Tony Woods ever had.

As to his rating, I spoke with someone who does this for a living and he said he doesn't know of anyone who has seen Devin this season. He also said going from 6'7, 215-220 to 6'9+, 235+ would have made a big difference in his past ratings. Deven had been previously downgraded due to being an undersized PF. Now he is full sized.

From the videos I've seen, he has much more game than Tony Woods ever had.

As to his rating, I spoke with someone who does this for a living and he said he doesn't know of anyone who has seen Devin this season. He also said going from 6'7, 215-220 to 6'9+, 235+ would have made a big difference in his past ratings. Deven had been previously downgraded due to being an undersized PF. Now he is full sized.
He's definitely beefed up and gotten taller.

My roommate thinks that Moto or McKie will see more time at PF than Devin will since "Moto is our best recruit, not Devin."

I told him he's insane.

My roommate thinks that Moto or McKie will see more time at PF than Devin will since "Moto is our best recruit, not Devin."

I told him he's insane.

By that logic, he should be welcoming in our new star power forward, Codi Miller-McIntyre.

I told him he's insane.

Not that insane. I would not be shocked if all 3 start with CJ and CMM. Plus if Cav can contribute he will probably play the 4. Devin is going to see a lot of time at the 5 unless Carson improves dramatically or Washington is way better than advertised.

Don't look now but Carson has averaged 10 ppg over the past three games.

What may be more indicative of his starting to understand the game is in each game he has taken four threes. Previously, when he got those open looks he'd pass the ball very quickly.

He needs to strengthen his hands dramatically.

By having a real PF next to him, he should get more rebounds as well as play better D.

Yeah, if he can keep that shooting/offense up for us next year I'll feel a lot better about having him in the lineup. That's been huge.

I've always thought our offense looks better when Carson is in the game, as he adds another shooting threat and he's an extremely underrated passer of the ball.

On defense, though, he's been such a liability this year.

I've always thought our offense looks better when Carson is in the game, as he adds another shooting threat and he's an extremely underrated passer of the ball.

On defense, though, he's been such a liability this year.

I don't think he's quite as bad on D as you think.

His shooting has only recently come around, hopefully his confidence will build and he'll keep that up. With that creating more spacing + the fact that he's a fantastic passer for a big guy, he should be a pretty good starter for us next year.

Carson is a big liability on D and the boards. That has to change. He gets a decent amount of blocks per minute he plays, but he also gives up an embarassing number of offensive rebounds/easy buckets.

One of the reasons WE give up so many offensive boards is there isn't a second player on the boards. Carson often has to rebound against two or three guys. Having a second big body would have helped.

Yes he does have to get stronger...

I wish [Redacted] would have played Ty a C and Carson at PF a lot more this year.

Back