• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Shelton is really really good. He's only a sophomore and he is far and away the leader of that team and controls every facet of the game. He was fun to watch... plays the game completely at his pace and gets to wherever he wants to on the court and either creates for himself or others..really impressive player

Allerik Freeman (stud 2013 PG from Charlotte) is down to Kansas and Villanova. Glad he's not going anywhere in the ACC.

Saw Devin Thomas sitting behind the Wake Women's bench at the ACC tournament during the first half of the game against Miami. Pretty cool.

Did VES/Benedictine ever have to face Christchurch, VA with:

William Smith (WFU football signee): 6'5/270
Win Homer (BC football): 6'5/250

That would be a good rebounding duo right?

Did VES/Benedictine ever have to face Christchurch, VA with:

William Smith (WFU football signee): 6'5/270
Win Homer (BC football): 6'5/250

That would be a good rebounding duo right?

Idk, but moto went to Episcopal in Alexandria, not VES in Lynchburg.

Moto's team faces Paul VI (#1 team in the metro area, according to the Post) and Stanford Robinson tonight in the state title game.

Saw Rusty at the South Carolina 4A Championship Game last night between Gaffney and Lexington. Who are we looking at from those two teams? LJ Peak?

That's as good a guess any. He's already got some BCS level offers.

#11 Episcopal (Moto) loses to #1 Paul VI (Robinson) by 1 point in the Virginia Independent Schools title game.

Moto finished with 13 points, 7 boards, and 6 assists. Made the all-tournament team.

Last edited:
When should we see some of these 2013 prospects for Wake making moves on the offers? After march madness?

Cavanaugh, Coleman, lead J-D to fifth consecutive Class A hoop title - http://highschoolsports.syracuse.co...-j-d-to-fifth-consecutive-class-a-hoop-title/

J-D’s 6-foot-9 forward Tyler Cavanaugh finished with a game-high 25 points and 13 rebounds. Cavanaugh’s first five baskets were 3-pointers, including four in the first quarter. Teammate 6-10 center Dajuan Coleman added 16 points and 10 rebounds.

“Just way too much Tyler Cavanaugh,” Cortland coach Mick Lowie said. “Some of those shots were long 3s, well beyond the 3-point line.”

The game was played in the Carrier Dome, you'd think it would be harder to shoot there. Time for a happy thread title change!

Last edited:
Is he actually 6'9? He was listed at 6'8 with most of the web sites.

His dad grew to 6'10 after going to college. Maybe Cav us growing.

In his last video he looked as tall a Coleman.

GREAT GAME!! CONGRATS!!!

Is he actually 6'9? He was listed at 6'8 with most of the web sites.

His dad grew to 6'10 after going to college. Maybe Cav us growing.

In his last video he looked as tall a Coleman.

GREAT GAME!! CONGRATS!!!

Well Devin Thomas is still listed as 6'7 by most the recruiting websites. During the Wake/MD women's game, the color commentator said that Devin is 6'9.5

Cavanaugh, Coleman, lead J-D to fifth consecutive Class A hoop title - http://highschoolsports.syracuse.co...-j-d-to-fifth-consecutive-class-a-hoop-title/

J-D’s 6-foot-9 forward Tyler Cavanaugh finished with a game-high 25 points and 13 rebounds. Cavanaugh’s first five baskets were 3-pointers, including four in the first quarter. Teammate 6-10 center Dajuan Coleman added 16 points and 10 rebounds.

“Just way too much Tyler Cavanaugh,” Cortland coach Mick Lowie said. “Some of those shots were long 3s, well beyond the 3-point line.”

The game was played in the Carrier Dome, you'd think it would be harder to shoot there. Time for a happy thread title change!
I'm really liking the sound of Tyler Cavanaugh. Does anyone know if he has a decent chance to steal some minutes at PF next year? His Scout profile lists him at 6'8, but who knows what that's worth. On the one hand I kind of get a Casey Crawford vibe with him, but on the other hand I think [Redacted] might actually know how to use a guy like that.

I'm really liking the sound of Tyler Cavanaugh. Does anyone know if he has a decent chance to steal some minutes at PF next year? His Scout profile lists him at 6'8, but who knows what that's worth. On the one hand I kind of get a Casey Crawford vibe with him, but on the other hand I think [Redacted] might actually know how to use a guy like that.

[Redacted] didn't get a whole lot out of Casey Crawford. Peaked at 5 ppg.

Back