• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Without JTT or Stewart, I'm not even sure what the heck our main lineup will be. Are we better off trying to go 3 guard with TC, Harris, and Fischer or should we take our chances with Nikita at the 4 and slide McKie to the 3?

About six or seven years ago when I said we should watch some of what we say on the boards because it wil lbe used against us in recruiting, most said I was crazy. Over the past three years, we have seen empirical proof that this is the case, yet many here don't give a rat's ass.

The more material we give to our competitors in public, the more we make failure or mediocrity a self-fulfilling prophecy. We don't have to be Mary Poppins, but we don't need to be a collection of Freddie Krugers either.

Yea. "Are-no" "Moe-toe" is the way I've heard it from people who know.

Imo it's going to come down to Wake, Vandy, and UCLA.

About six or seven years ago when I said we should watch some of what we say on the boards because it wil lbe used against us in recruiting, most said I was crazy. Over the past three years, we have seen empirical proof that this is the case, yet many here don't give a rat's ass.

The more material we give to our competitors in public, the more we make failure or mediocrity a self-fulfilling prophecy. We don't have to be Mary Poppins, but we don't need to be a collection of Freddie Krugers either.

I agree with you entirely.

We get it, bzz-outers. You don't like coach and would prefer someone else. Nothing Biz does is right and he is a terrible person.

We get it, but here's the thing. Bzz is our coach until he is fired and we have a whole season of basketball and recruiting before any changes are made. As a rebuilding team we must stay viable for recruits and we, as a fanbase, must quit shooting ourselves in the foot by resorting to immature insults, illogical ranting, and downright idiocy about our current coach, our current players, and our coaching staff's recruiting targets.

Recruits use the internet and rightfully research their suitors as a part of the recruiting process. Do you think this free and open board is a good representation of our fanbase and the university? I don't. I am embarrassed by a lot of what is said, not because I am in love with Bzz but because I believe in our team and I want them AND our recruits to know that we stand behind them and support them. I am Winston-Salem born and raised. I didn't go to Wake, but this is my team. Always will be. I bleed black and gold.

Bzz and his staff seem to be making a really positive impression on our recruits, so let's do our part and give them a chance/cut the crap until the season starts. Reacting is fine by me (and if it's as bad as last season come November, then it'll be open season), but pre-emptive cruelty is self-defeating idiocy from a minority in a fanbase who cheer for a team who desperately needs support.

True fans stand by their team no matter how bad it gets. There have been some dark days, folks, and the worst may not be over. But our players and recruits read this stuff and, like RJ said, we can't be conducting ourselves like this and realistically compete for elite level recruits up to our high standards.

To those without the stomach or patience for the rebuilding process, I hear that three teams just two hours east on I-40 will be pretty good over the next few years. I am sick of all of this pointless, unproductive negativity, especially amidt official visits and as signing day approaches.

I agree with you entirely.

We get it, bzz-outers. You don't like coach and would prefer someone else. Nothing Biz does is right and he is a terrible person.

We get it, but here's the thing. Bzz is our coach until he is fired and we have a whole season of basketball and recruiting before any changes are made. As a rebuilding team we must stay viable for recruits and we, as a fanbase, must quit shooting ourselves in the foot by resorting to immature insults, illogical ranting, and downright idiocy about our current coach, our current players, and our coaching staff's recruiting targets.

Recruits use the internet and rightfully research their suitors as a part of the recruiting process. Do you think this free and open board is a good representation of our fanbase and the university? I don't. I am embarrassed by a lot of what is said, not because I am in love with Bzz but because I believe in our team and I want them AND our recruits to know that we stand behind them and support them. I am Winston-Salem born and raised. I didn't go to Wake, but this is my team. Always will be. I bleed black and gold.

Bzz and his staff seem to be making a really positive impression on our recruits, so let's do our part and give them a chance/cut the crap until the season starts. Reacting is fine by me (and if it's as bad as last season come November, then it'll be open season), but pre-emptive cruelty is self-defeating idiocy from a minority in a fanbase who cheer for a team who desperately needs support.

True fans stand by their team no matter how bad it gets. There have been some dark days, folks, and the worst may not be over. But our players and recruits read this stuff and, like RJ said, we can't be conducting ourselves like this and realistically compete for elite level recruits up to our high standards.

To those without the stomach or patience for the rebuilding process, I hear that three teams just two hours east on I-40 will be pretty good over the next few years. I am sick of all of this pointless, unproductive negativity, especially amidt official visits and as signing day approaches.

I believe you want the other board

I believe you want the other board

I believe you long for the days when Harvey Hale and Shamaine Dukes were our incoming backcourt.

There's a middleground and I think we are absolutely embarrassing ourselves. I am as Bzz-out as any hopeful fan can be, but this board is a really bad representation of who we are these days. And, trust me:coaches and recruits, especially out of state guys, are taking all of this in...

The evaluation of our fanbase doesn't happen in isolation. It is made in comparison to each fanbase that is being looked at by a recruit. In that regard, we have the most milquetoast online presence of just about any BCS conference school. The issue is that the recruit is considering a school that managed one conference win last season, and the acceptance of certain things (disgruntled fan base) that goes with it. In that regard, it really isn't the message boards that drive people away, though it is a convenient excuse.

The evaluation of our fanbase doesn't happen in isolation. It is made in comparison to each fanbase that is being looked at by a recruit. In that regard, we have the most milquetoast online presence of just about any BCS conference school. The issue is that the recruit is considering a school that managed one conference win last season, and the acceptance of certain things (disgruntled fan base) that goes with it. In that regard, it really isn't the message boards that drive people away, though it is a convenient excuse.

I would believe that if Bzz and his staff were making bad impressions on recruits. That isn't the case, though. I don't think they are hiding from their record, either. We may be milquetoast in comparison, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a factor. That it's a factor is not something we should be proud of...

Again, I am not calling for Bzz-outers to shut up. I am calling for everybody to turn down the hateful rhetoric in what is an impressionistic time for our recruits, committed and targeted. Because if we start losing like we did last year, I will be one of the more vocal Bzz-outers on her because the players, the university, and its fanbase will deserve better.

What we have is a large percentage of our internet base telling the world that Wake basketball will suck for years to come and that our coach can't coach.

If one doesn't think this has a definite impact on our recruiting, that person has his head buried in the sand so deeply that Jules Verne would be envious.

There are definitve articles on EVERY major sports site telling you this is a fact. We've even seen a Top 60 recruit he wqas going to go to a certain school but chose another because of the brutality of the formet school's internet pussies.

Feel free to act like dicks, but don't insult the intelligence of all who understand what happens in today's recruiting by saying what you continue to do doesn't hurt our program.

What we have is a large percentage of our internet base telling the world that Wake basketball will suck for years to come and that our coach can't coach.

If one doesn't think this has a definite impact on our recruiting, that person has his head buried in the sand so deeply that Jules Verne would be envious.

There are definitve articles on EVERY major sports site telling you this is a fact. We've even seen a Top 60 recruit he wqas going to go to a certain school but chose another because of the brutality of the formet school's internet pussies.

Feel free to act like dicks, but don't insult the intelligence of all who understand what happens in today's recruiting by saying what you continue to do doesn't hurt our program.

+1, especially for paragraph two. Boards matter. We are all better than this...

CMM_OnTheRise Codi Miller-McIntyre
Great time with coach BZ and coach Battle . I couldn't have made a better choice . #WakeForest

Every board is the same.
Every board has an inflated sense of its own importance.
Negative board tenor is a symptom of bad program health, not a cause.
People aren't going to change, nor is the internet.

It's not the same everywhere.

It's not about an "inflated sense of impoirtance" here. it's about the fact we don't much to balance the coverage. This is only place to get Wake postings. Other schools have more options.

It's not the same everywhere.

It's not about an "inflated sense of impoirtance" here. it's about the fact we don't much to balance the coverage. This is only place to get Wake postings. Other schools have more options.

This is also an open board.

Back