• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Transfers - Chase 1st to Leave, Others...?

It doesn't shine well on Bo Ryan, either. He won't alter his boring system to allow a much more talented, athletic player to thrive? Vander Blue is exactly the kind of player he needs to break out past his first weekend bombs in the tournament every year.

EVERYONE LEAVE NOW. Save yourselves from this unmitigated shitshow...

Oh wait - you want to get railroaded all year again? Sure that'll be fun.

If I had to guess, then I'd go with Chase and Travis leaving the program this summer.

And, yes, I know that Travis is a rising senior and that he will lose a year if he transfers.

My message to every Wake men's basketball player:

28060226.jpg

Chase and Travis are definitely on the ropes. I actually think Battle might jump too if something opens up. If that happens, it will get ugly fast.

graduate over the summer and go pro overseas. From his perspective what is another year mired in mediocrity going to do for him? He's never going to be a 20/10 guy and that's okay. He'd be a great 12/8 guy in Italy. He's been here three years so I'm sure with summer school he's pretty close to graduating anyway. This is pure conjecture, but honestly--what's keeping him here?

Chase and Travis are definitely on the ropes. I actually think Battle might jump too if something opens up. If that happens, it will get ugly fast.

I want Travis to leave. Love the guy, and I'm proud that he's a Deacon, but I want what is best for him. Sticking around for another year under Bz isn't it.

1) I think his career, even if he has to sit a year, benefits from leaving. He won't play NBA, but with 2 years of good coaching, he has a shot at a really good Euro career.
2) It will show just how dependent [Redacted] has been on Dino's recruits for what limited success/improvement he has had over the last 3 years.

So if Chase transfers, that will give us three consecutive recruiting classes that whittled down to only one player.

2009 - CJ, Ari
2010 - Travis, JTT, Chennault, Carson, Tabb
2011 - Chase, Green, Fields

10 players. 3 stayed. So far.

So if Chase transfers, that will give us three consecutive recruiting classes that whittled down to only one player.

2009 - CJ, Ari
2010 - Travis, JTT, Chennault, Carson, Tabb
2011 - Chase, Green, Fields

10 players. 3 stayed. So far.

:eek:

I would love to see Battle get the HC job he deserves.

And if it means the bottom falls out under Wellmaniac and Bzdicklick, all the better. I don't see who loses in that scenario.

I posted this yesterday somewhere, but Battle turned down the #1 assistant spot at Providence 2 years ago. They're playing in the NIT Quarterfinals tonight.

Back