• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball?

There are some updates on here, they are just hard to find with six different threads on soccer. I love soccer, but come the fuck on... Make a sub-forum for those threads already. Its getting ridiculous.

They play pickup with each other and a few returning Deacs who are in town from time to time. The days of our team playing pickup games with students passed years ago. We played Skip, Rod, Larry and the guys in Reynolds back in the 70s, but that would be a rare thing indeed today.

Really? I loved that about Wake. Got to play with Duncan, a bunch of the players during the O'Kelley years, and when I came back to visit got to play with Josh and a couple other guys.

When did that die off? I feel like I've heard stories about some guys here playing with CP3 so it must be recent. Although I could see the JTT's and Ari Stewarts of Wake basketball putting out the same vibe that the UNC players did when we played pickup ball there...

I played pickup basketball with Tony Woods and Ty Walker my freshman year (their freshman year too).

Really? I loved that about Wake. Got to play with Duncan, a bunch of the players during the O'Kelley years, and when I came back to visit got to play with Josh and a couple other guys.

When did that die off? I feel like I've heard stories about some guys here playing with CP3 so it must be recent. Although I could see the JTT's and Ari Stewarts of Wake basketball putting out the same vibe that the UNC players did when we played pickup ball there...

Totally agree. I'd always get back to school as early as possible to play with the incoming freshman.

They play pickup with each other and a few returning Deacs who are in town from time to time. The days of our team playing pickup games with students passed years ago. We played Skip, Rod, Larry and the guys in Reynolds back in the 70s, but that would be a rare thing indeed today.

Did Collins court exist back then (does it still do)? Might be the only time you see a team of high major players not make a shot, those rims are awful.

Did Collins court exist back then (does it still do)? Might be the only time you see a team of high major players not make a shot, those rims are awful.

There is still a court behind Collins, although it was relocated when South Hall was built. There are also courts by P-world that are, I believe, new as of the last 2-3 years.

Of course, Collins itself did not exist back then. There were tennis courts on that side of the street and plenty of extra parking (something that is in increasingly short supply today).

New Dorm was just that. It did not have a formal name. Today it is called Luter. Then it was just New Dorm. It was the only officially coed dorm on campus. The men lived on the first floor, and the women on the rest. Of course, on the weekend, every dorm on the quad was coed. In 1976 the student body president proposed that the rules against 'inter-visitation' be abolished since they werent being observed anyway. The BOT screamed in moral outrage and the administration cracked down on enforcement, forcing much greater subterfuge and creativity on the students' part. Ahhhh, the good ol' days!

played lots of pickup with j.gray, trent, cp3, richard joyce, levy, taron and those guys back on the old collins courts. cp3 and jgray would go at each other.

The lists at the bottom of this ACC preview article made me sad. It's like we don't exist - http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/09/04/rothstein-files-acc-offseason-notebook/#.UEeNAiLCRis.twitter

Perhaps it's best that we have zero expectations this year in the national press considering the amount of hype already attributed to our freshmen by the staff and fans... In addition to CJ and Travis (who will produce at more or less the same rates as last year, most likely) we're relying on two top-100 guys and a bunch of (by-the-numbers) Chase and TC-caliber recruits to improve significantly upon last year's results.

I'd love to see these guys overachieve, but I'm not sure that overrating this class will result in anything good from a performance perspective and in terms of career trajectory.

But I mean we have 4 returning players, these guys have to be "impact" freshmen - either good or bad they are getting tons of minutes.

But I mean we have 4 returning players, these guys have to be "impact" freshmen - either good or bad they are getting tons of minutes.

I'm saying that the returning players in 2012 are going to produce at more or less the same rate as they did in 2011.

CJ and Travis will produce similarly, IMO. DG would be overachieving if he posted Carson numbers as a sophomore, again IMO, and if Chase can give us TC's production, then I'd be impressed.

Production-wise, we can project more or less the same impact from veteran players this coming year as was the case coming into 2011, if that makes sense.

How does your POY not make 1st Team All ACC?:

"ACC PRESEASON FIRST TEAM

Lorenzo Brown, NC State

Seth Curry, Duke

C.J. Leslie, NC State

James Michael McAdoo, UNC

Reggie Johnson, Miami

ACC PRESEASON PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Michael Snaer, Florida State"

Wake players still play pickup. I've played with Ari, CJ, Tabb, Chennault, and Fields... not sure how Tabb was a 4 star out of high school, wasn't that impressive.

Not sure where else to put this...

Heard from one of the players that the starting lineup is expected to be:

CMM
CJ
Travis (3)
Moto (4)
Devin

The guys also seem pretty excited about the Overton commitment.

So Devin is still supposed to be starter ready at the start of the season despite having his knee scoped?

Back