• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball?

Talked to a guy during the tailgate Saturday that ate supper somewhere one night and ran into Rusty there. The guy asked Rusty how the team was looking this year and Rusty said, " We are very young and we are going to work hard." Since that is pretty negative as far as coach speak goes, I take that to mean, "we'll probably going to have a long and rough season, but we'll do the best we can."

If they put Snaer in there, as he should be - good point, then that means they might have to bump a Duke or UNC guy off and THAT would be unacceptable.

How does your POY not make 1st Team All ACC?:

"ACC PRESEASON FIRST TEAM

Lorenzo Brown, NC State

Seth Curry, Duke

C.J. Leslie, NC State

James Michael McAdoo, UNC

Reggie Johnson, Miami

ACC PRESEASON PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Michael Snaer, Florida State"

If we pretend our roster was one of our Acc rivals, let's say GaT for instance then it is easier to be objective. I used to put Wake hoops on a pedestal but not anymore. We will have to have a major talent infusion to compete with the top teams. We are not getting the players to get back into championship contention even with the current 12 teams let alone when Cuse and Pitt show up.

When is the trip to Canada? I assume we'll get some reports on how the guys look.

Any word on whther or not that will be available online?

Is it the same rules in Canada or do they play with an extra long and wide court and a 26.25 second shot clock???

no but they say "sorry" when they commit a foul.....and excuse me when they set a pick....

Is it the same rules in Canada or do they play with an extra long and wide court and a 26.25 second shot clock???

I know you're being facetious but it is a legit question. From what I've found, they play FIBA rules.

Haven't seen this posted before - McKie's highlights from Adidas Nations this summer. By all accounts, he played really well and surprised some people. Scouts definitely took notice.

Just thought I'd mention that at my season ticket seat selection time a couple weeks ago it was the most empty I'd ever seen it. Not surprising in the least, but hey, got great seats.

McKie looks a heck of a lot smoother shooting the ball in that video than I've ever seen him.

Just thought I'd mention that at my season ticket seat selection time a couple weeks ago it was the most empty I'd ever seen it. Not surprising in the least, but hey, got great seats.

Sad that we won't have a great team to watch from those seats.

Good news - Devin will be activated tomorrow and is completely ready to go. Will play in the in the scrimmage at Black & Gold Madness but won't get the chance to shatter any Reynolds Gym backboards in the dunk contest.

Back