• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BB Staff: Woodberry, Ballard, & Bauman (DOBO) join from Tulsa; ChillIN

I think Manning knows what he is doing when it comes to hiring his staff. these guys did go to the NCAA tourney. We were at home watching it. Ballard will also be at Wake if not hired by Tulsa.

Go Deacs

Those Tulsa assistants have been with him two years. Forgive me, if thinking that Wake giving him a bigger budget and a major conference to recruit to, might attract better assistant coaching candidates out of the Kansas tree than the guys he was able to hire with Tulsa money year before last.

Tabacca was an outside guy, too.

You're right. So five out of nine from other than his BG staff. His kept his top three guys (coordinators), plus his recruiting coordinator from BG. The rest he replaced. So it is not unreasonable given that Wake is a "step up" from Tulsa to think Danny might go for some more experienced assistant coaches.

1376364006420.gif

Rusty LaRue ‏@Rusty_LaRue 2m
Grateful for 5 years at Wake Forest. Looks like I am a free agent again for the first time in ten years. Excited to see what comes next!

Rusty LaRue ‏@Rusty_LaRue 2m
Grateful for 5 years at Wake Forest. Looks like I am a free agent again for the first time in ten years. Excited to see what comes next!

Strickland33 does fist pumps.

Crazy that after all the speculation about Rusty and Tommy and their futures at Wake, both are now unemployed and will most likely not make it back to Wake.

It will give Rusty a chance to experience other coaching opportunities, I am sure he will learn a great deal and may be better positioned to some day come back. Best of luck to him.

Doesn't theReff really not like him because of PT for Little Reff or something like that?

Yeah. I actually was on a flight next to theReffs wife one time. Figured out it was her because she noticed my Wake ring, we talked about bball and she went on a rant about Larue and mentioned her son getting no playing time and going to SoCar.

Folks with boners for Chill, Rusty, Battle, etc, need to remember that they (Chill and Rusty, specifically) are not scholarship athletes anymore who are bound to one school. They're paid employees. You perform or you get cut loose. We can parse it a million times about how one of them was good at their job and it was just the coach who sucked, but the ship has sunk. Maybe one of them got on a lifeboat, but for now, we should assume that all went down with the ship.

I just want great recruiters with ties to the south. That's our bread and butter. Don't bring Tulsa guys with zero local connection.

Battle would be a better choice than that. He's done a solid job over the years for the Deacs.

I just want great recruiters with ties to the south. That's our bread and butter. Don't bring Tulsa guys with zero local connection.

Battle would be a better choice than that. He's done a solid job over the years for the Deacs.

What's been solid about our recruiting and performance over the past four years?

Ballard apparently was Manning's top assistant. Some in the Tulsa media considered him a candidate to take over there as coach.

So we have:

HC - Manning
AC 1 - Ballard
AC 2 - Woodberry
AC 3 - [open]
DOBO - Bauman

Back