• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

O'Mara visiting this weekend

From the front page:

Sean O'Mara
6'8/6'9, 220/240
C
4-star ESPN (#20 C), 3-star Rivals (#141 overall), 3-star Scout (#21 C)
Offers: Wake Forest, Boston College, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Iowa State, Marquette, UVA, Xavier, DePaul, Dayton, La Salle, Lehigh, Saint Louis, Ball State, Eastern Michigan, Southern Illinois, Illinois-Chicago, Loyola (IL), Oakland, and SIU Edwardsville.

Looks like an offer list of a player who has improved steadily the past year..

I like this guy O'Mara. He looks like a good ole fashioned power forward, not a stretch 4. Sort of like Vytas his first two years ...

Might be a nice counterweight to Cav - a college stretch 4. You can't go wrong with a 1-2 stretch 4, power 4 combo, am I right?

Devin Mitchell

Dev ™© ‏@D_Mitch23 58s
After a long recruiting process I've decided to make it a little easier by cutting the list, ill release my top 8 schools tomorrow.

The thing about Johnson, that just frees up a scholarship for someone even better. No worries. Just chill out and know we're in good hands- some might say the best in the BZness.

Devin Mitchell

Dev ™© ‏@D_Mitch23 58s
After a long recruiting process I've decided to make it a little easier by cutting the list, ill release my top 8 schools tomorrow.

When's the last time we were even mentioned with him?

Mitchell is still currently listing us, and said this at the Peach Jam around July 10th:

http://247sports.com/Article/Recap-from-the-Peach-State-Showcase-games-138633

2014 Devin Mitchell – The 6-foot-3 Georgia native suited up with the Southern Kings on the opening night of the evaluation period and showed off the scoring ability that have schools making him a high priority. Mitchell was excellent both on knocking down the three point shot but also at getting into the lane for pull up jumpers over bigger defenders.

Mitchell says that he plans to narrow his list down to ten schools at the end of the month. Three schools that he is certain will make the list are Wake Forest, Kansas State and Georgia. The four-star guard says that he would like to make a decision during the fall, likely in either October or November.

Devin Mitchell's top 8 in no particular order, per his twitter:

Dev ™© ‏@D_Mitch23
Official 8 (no order)
Kansas St
Memphis
Wake Forest
UAB
Alabama
UGA
Cincinnati
Ole Miss

Very beatable list under normal circumstances.

WE MADE IT!

Also, if we were in better shape as a team I would feel great about out odds against that list. Kansas St. and Memphis are the two big names there.

Devin Mitchell's top 8 in no particular order, per his twitter:

Dev ™© ‏@D_Mitch23
Official 8 (no order)
Kansas St
Memphis
Wake Forest
UAB
Alabama
UGA
Cincinnati
Ole Miss

Very beatable list under normal circumstances.

Wake Forest should definitely be at the top of that list.

Mitchell said he knows of four schools that he would like to visit officially.
“Kansas State for sure,” he said. “Wake Forest for sure and Alabama for sure and Cincinnati too.”
Are there any head coaches that Mitchell has developed stronger relationships with?
“Not really a favorite, but I’d say UAB and UGA,” Mitchell said.

A snipet from the interview with Evan Daniels

Back