• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Does Randolph have a particularly strong relationship with the NC 2015/2016 recruits? Just trying to figure out why there would be a priority for keeping him on as the 3rd assistant vs. his previous role (which doesn't involve recruiting).

Childress's son is tight with Giles and a few other good NC HS players.

As far as Manning's recruiting pedigree at KU (or lack thereof), do know if the list is short because his role was such that he was less involved with recruiting and more with player development or was he really active on the recruiting trail and just couldn't get commits? Neither is ideal, obviously, but I think it does make a difference.

I tried to look into this, but couldn't turn anything up. Dooley (ranked fourth by Rivals in 2007) and Townsend (ranked #1 in a coaching survey) appear to be two of the best recruiters in the nation, so I'm hoping it's the former, but can't tell.

I would not be surprised to see Daniel graduate next year or during the summer.

I haven't seen it posted anywhere, but offered football prospect JJ Arcega-Whiteside might be a potential two sport athlete. He has a solid offer sheet for both sports, though his Wake offer is for football.

Smith, Parker and Giles could be a package deal. That would obviously affect lil' Childress's recruitment.

A reminder that Shelton Mitchell will be playing on ESPNU at 2 p.m. if anyone is available to watch/can set their DVR from their phone.

As I've said, Manning isn't in my Top 3 of available coaches. However I still the picture of him going to Harry Giles' house and telling him,"I was where you were. We are the same size. I went to college, won a national championship and became the John Wooden Award winner and the #1 pick in the NBA draft. I played in the NBA for fifteen years. I was an assistant coach on a team that won the national championship. I coached over half a players that were drafted in the NBA. I know what it takes. You love Wake Forest and we love you. Let me show you how I did it. I know it gets hard I'll always be there for you. "

Smith, Parker and Giles could be a package deal. That would obviously affect lil' Childress's recruitment.

As much as I am loving this possibility, I'm getting Oden/Conley/Cook flashbacks...

As I've said, Manning isn't in my Top 3 of available coaches. However I still the picture of him going to Harry Giles' house and telling him,"I was where you were. We are the same size. I went to college, won a national championship and became the John Wooden Award winner and the #1 pick in the NBA draft. I played in the NBA for fifteen years. I was an assistant coach on a team that won the national championship. I coached over half a players that were drafted in the NBA. I know what it takes. You love Wake Forest and we love you. Let me show you how I did it. I know it gets hard I'll always be there for you. "

"...but you really should go to Kansas. I mean hell I did!"

Mundy would be watching right now...

I am watching, he came of the bench for Brandon Jennings brother. A few good dishes not a lot else. Uses his body pretty well.

Back