• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Coach Manning please get us back in contention for top talent. We need immediate help like a taller version of Coron Williams. Make it happen!

Interested to see what Manning thinks of Andre Washington.

I will start one, but I think we should wait until later next week.

Personally, I'd like to see us pull Rondale's scholarship and ask 2-3 of the rising juniors to seek playing time elsewhere.
Rondale signed already

We should have at least a feel for his recruiting strategy, goals by the end of the summer I would think. We can we expect 2016 commits? Fall?

We should have at least a feel for his recruiting strategy, goals by the end of the summer I would think. We can we expect 2016 commits? Fall?

I hope so. It would be amazing if we could Giles to commit. He's our #1 , #2,, #3 , #4 priority for the summer and early fall.

I hope so. It would be amazing if we could Giles to commit. He's our #1 , #2,, #3 , #4 priority for the summer and early fall.

Priority #5 will be getting him admitted to WFU.

if for some reason a need for a ballhandler appears, Kedrick Flomo has asked to be released from his LOI. Really came on strong this year

If I was a 5th year big man looking to polish my skills in my last year, I wouldn't be opposed to a year of tutelage under Danny Manning.

If I was a 5th year big man looking to polish my skills in my last year, I wouldn't be opposed to a year of tutelage under Danny Manning.

Until/unless transfers occur we have a ton of bigs. Hard to pitch PT with current roster.

Have you watched any of our games?

Haha I am not saying we don't need someone, I just find it hard to believe without some transfers having a lot of big men on the roster has a lot of appeal. Also doubt a transfer "has watched any of our games"

Haha I am not saying we don't need someone, I just find it hard to believe without some transfers having a lot of big men on the roster has a lot of appeal. Also doubt a transfer "has watched any of our games"

Thomas, Washington(should have redshirted) and Green(hasn't played in 2 years). Something tells me that there's a lot of playing time available for an available big.

We're gonna need to hope for internal improvement and McClinton and Mitchell to be two of our top four players.

I feel like Wellman will play up Manning's NC background in pitching this hire. If that is the case then clearly he is being projected as a good recruiter, and will be judged as such.

Its not a bad strategy, stepping up the competition against UNC/State for local talent. But its a shift in a lot of ways and something we have shied away from before. Wellman is gambling that Manning's rep will help him land local talent. But he needs to win some battles. I think it will be fair to judge him on those terms. Otherwise, and I'm sure he's a fine developmental coach, but what gets him the job over other qualified candidates?

Not sure where to put this

Jamie Shaw ‏@JamieShaw5 35s
Mitchell Wilbekin 6' The Rock
tells me with Danny Manning accepting the Wake job, he will be seeking his release from Tulsa
@Mwilbekin1

Here is definitely appropriate.

Not sure where to put this

Jamie Shaw ‏@JamieShaw5 35s
Mitchell Wilbekin 6' The Rock
tells me with Danny Manning accepting the Wake job, he will be seeking his release from Tulsa
@Mwilbekin1

Don't think we need a 3* PG, but I readily admit I know nothing about this kid.

If we release Rondale from his LOI and replace him with Wilbekin that could be optimal.

Back