• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

I'm way late AGAIN on seeing this, but LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wow.

Welcome, John!

Danny did work. (Woodberry ain't half bad, either.)

I am not sure we are really a dark horse anymore. I think we are a real, and obvious, threat to get Giles. We are his hometown school, that he knows well, with significant recruiting momentum, with good relationships with him and his teammates/friends and a coach who has successfully completed the career he wants to have and intends to run an offense that features his skills. That doesn't seem like a dark horse. That sounds like a contender.

Trifecta! Congratulations Coach Manning and staff! Welcome John Collins! To those who were doom and gloom a month ago, have a little patience. Our coach has a pedigree rarely seen in college basketball, much less at WFU. Good things are just beginning.

I am not sure we are really a dark horse anymore. I think we are a real, and obvious, threat to get Giles. We are his hometown school, that he knows well, with significant recruiting momentum, with good relationships with him and his teammates/friends and a coach who has successfully completed the career he wants to have and intends to run an offense that features his skills. That doesn't seem like a dark horse. That sounds like a contender.
The Wake diehards like us may know these things, but to the general fan around the country, I'm sure there are a lot of people like, "Wake Forest?! Really?!" because of how bad we've been the past 4 years.

Thanks, [name redacted].

I'm OK with the dark horse label.

Manning has also simultaneously put every single one of our current scholarship players on notice. Which I love. One person on this team will not be offered a scholarship back next year. That is huge motivation for our work habits. [Redacted] had established terrible work habits, and now Manning is trying to reverse that terrible course. Best way to do that is to have some fear motivation hanging in the atmosphere.

The guys that want to be here will work for it, anyone that starts to doubt is going to quit, and we don't want that kind of player here anyway. Great sign, great philosophy. Now it is pretty clear why Manning wanted a full set of scholarships this year. If we aren't full, the players wouldn't feel the pressure. Time for everyone to step their game up.

Back