• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

This will be interesting to follow.

Whoever doesn't want to work like Manning and staff want them to work would be my guess. We only have two playrs IMO that I would be shocked not to see back (Devin, CMM)...I would imagine everyone else is on notice.

Whoever doesn't want to work like Manning and staff want them to work would be my guess. We only have two playrs IMO that I would be shocked not to see back (Devin, CMM)...I would imagine everyone else is on notice.

I think all the juniors are safe. I doubt Danny wants to run someone off who is that close to graduating. It would be a bad signal to send.

Well, we have to remember, this class is nothing special for Wake historically. This is what we would expect in a given year. Some years we hit a home run and do better. Some years we miss our targets and bring in role and bench players. This class may feel more impressive relative to where we just were. The trajectory is very good. And we seem to have a reasonable path to get a better class in 2016 than we otherwise would without some nice conveniences in that class (VERY good local players that are good friends with a coach's son we are also recruiting). 2016 could be special. Let's make it happen.

Good post. The first step is to get back to normal. Then establish a higher standard.

Imagine if this momentum started 2 years ago.

...ah, fuck it.

It's going to be tough to have to wait until next year to see our team with the new guys. I hope this year's team shows us something, at least improvement over the season.

I know it's an extreme long shot but if CMM or Devin have a monster year under DMann's tutelage, they might consider leaving for the draft a year early.

I get the lack of shooting is concerning, since it's been a problem for a long time, but we have so many guards on scholarship / will be on scholarship. CMM, Jones, Overton, Wilbekin, Watson, Hudson, and Crawford. I think for this season and next we are basically "throwing shit against the wall and hoping something sticks at SG", and then will put major focus on it in 2016.

Our big man ranks are a lot weaker... beyond Devin, for 2015-2016 we were going to have Washington, Green, and Dinos (and, of course, at least one of those is confirmed to be leaving after this year). So, yeah, not really sure why anyone would not support us getting as many ACC big men as we can get.

Speaking of "profits", Deman has been on fire lately with the basketball info.

So what's the story with Giles? Is he for sure a package deal with Jayson Tatum or is that just a rumor?

Back