• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

I am a Wake student. Ran into Randolph, his family, Devin, Will Murphy, and the Wilbekin's as they were arriving at Fratelli's Friday night. Also heard reports that Manning was in the pit with "recruits" about an hour ago. Just thought I'd share my two cents. Go Deacs!

Julian Payton, a 2016 PG at Bishop Gorman, is receiving interest from Wake Forest, Florida, Xavier, OR St among others. Gary Payton's son.

Recruiting kids of his former teammates/nba acquaintances might be a place where manning has a built in advantage.

Julian Payton, a 2016 PG at Bishop Gorman, is receiving interest from Wake Forest, Florida, Xavier, OR St among others. Gary Payton's son.
After watching a few videos of him, he looks very good on & off the ball but he is small (his listed 5'9" is pushing it). Hopefully he grows another few inches.

Recruiting kids of his former teammates/nba acquaintances might be a place where manning has a built in advantage.

Well that would definitely be fine.

I have a feeling Wilbekin may commit without taking his UVA visit. I would be stunned if he doesn't come to Wake.

Wilbekin is reportedly "rescheduling" his UVA visit.

I think Cornish is probably the better player of the 2. Might as well get them both and the scholarships will work themselves out.

BBall Recruiting Megathread 4.0 - 2014 PG Wilbekin and SG Cornish Visiting

If you had to pick... Cornish or Wilbekin

Both could play 2 positions, both can shoot. Usually I favor size, and this may be premature but I don't think Cornish is very athletic (obviously more so than Overton). I was leaning toward Cornish but I think I would rather Wilbekin long-term. Also depends on which position is going to be harder to recruit down the road.

Last edited:
Back