• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

I love that every dude in America knows someone who was allegedly "in the bar" the night Mutombo walked in and said "Who wants to sex Mutombo?" That must have been the most crowded bar ever.

that story was everywhere. but please feel free to continue taking credit.

I love that every dude in America knows someone who was allegedly "in the bar" the night Mutombo walked in and said "Who wants to sex Mutombo?" That must have been the most crowded bar ever.

I heard it from Orangejello and Yellojello's cousin's best friend.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Mutombo say that. I guess it's pretty serious.

Harv was there. Mutumbo probably got his sloppy seconds.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Mutombo say that. I guess it's pretty serious.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wvudeac again.

well done.

Moore Update: [URL="http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/illini-sports/mens-basketball/2014-09-17/chat-doral-moore-update.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter"]http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/illini-sports/mens-basketball/2014-09-17/chat-doral-moore-update.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter[/URL]

"beat writer Marcus Jackson weighed in on Doral Moore:

"He had an in-home visit with John Calipari last week, but while he likes Kentucky, he's been high on Illinois, too, and sees an opportunity with the Illini.""

I am pretty sure I started the story on the old Scout board 13 or so years ago and it blossomed from there. I did talk to a co-worker who went to Georgetown 20 years ago and he knew the story as well. But I met my buddy told me the story in about 1997 in San Fran on a hoops court off the Mission. I remember it well. We were stoned out of our mind and he couldn't miss and I couldn't hit the backboard. Pretty sure I am not a stoner today because I just couldn't play sports high.

y9uty4y8.jpg

haha. I saw that. Dikembe denies it. Big surprise.

My friend who told me the story is not really one to make shit up. When we were living in San Fran, he was studying for his MCATS and taking the science classes at San Fran State or city college that he didn't get in college. He takes his MCATS, we go get a beer. I ask him how it went it. He says, okay. The afternoon session sucked. He leaves it at that. 20 minutes later a bunch of folks come in who had apparently taken the MCAT too at the same facility and they come over and give my friend Steve a big pat on the back start buying him beers, etc... I ask him what he did and he said he had to take someone down and a kid jumps in and says some guy with a gun came in to hold up the MCAT session. Asking for cash from those sitting closest to him and asking for the box where the morning session tests were locked up - obviously some psycho doctor-hopeful had not done well in the morning and had paid someone to go steal the tests and kill the session. My Friend Steve was pissed because he had put alot into getting to that point to take the test and go to med school and so he slipped out of his seat in the middle of a row, walked quietly into the aisle and them bumrushed the dude and tackled him. At which point five guys jumped up and pounded the shit out of the guy. True story.

And this is the guy who told me he was in the Georgetown bar so I am buying it. Dude don't fib.

I am pretty sure I started the story on the old Scout board 13 or so years ago and it blossomed from there. I did talk to a co-worker who went to Georgetown 20 years ago and he knew the story as well. But I met my buddy told me the story in about 1997 in San Fran on a hoops court off the Mission. I remember it well. We were stoned out of our mind and he couldn't miss and I couldn't hit the backboard. Pretty sure I am not a stoner today because I just couldn't play sports high.

not even ultimate?

haha. I saw that. Dikembe denies it. Big surprise.

My friend who told me the story is not really one to make shit up. When we were living in San Fran, he was studying for his MCATS and taking the science classes at San Fran State or city college that he didn't get in college. He takes his MCATS, we go get a beer. I ask him how it went it. He says, okay. The afternoon session sucked. He leaves it at that. 20 minutes later a bunch of folks come in who had apparently taken the MCAT too at the same facility and they come over and give my friend Steve a big pat on the back start buying him beers, etc... I ask him what he did and he said he had to take someone down and a kid jumps in and says some guy with a gun came in to hold up the MCAT session. Asking for cash from those sitting closest to him and asking for the box where the morning session tests were locked up - obviously some psycho doctor-hopeful had not done well in the morning and had paid someone to go steal the tests and kill the session. My Friend Steve was pissed because he had put alot into getting to that point to take the test and go to med school and so he slipped out of his seat in the middle of a row, walked quietly into the aisle and them bumrushed the dude and tackled him. At which point five guys jumped up and pounded the shit out of the guy. True story.

And this is the guy who told me he was in the Georgetown bar so I am buying it. Dude don't fib.

You have to appreciate the irony that the most insane standardized test story of all time is the apparent credible proof that the Dikembe story is not made up.

Is the Dikembe story equivalent to the Wilt Chamberlain on an elevator story? It's been years, but it went something like... Wilt the Stilt walks on to an elevator with a dog on a leash. There is a petite woman (usually described as white) who has never seen such a large person (much less black) before. She is nervous and somewhat scared. As the elevator begins to move, Wilt commands, "Sit". The woman sheepishly sinks to the ground not realizing he was talking to his dog...

Is the Dikembe story equivalent to the Wilt Chamberlain on an elevator story? It's been years, but it went something like... Wilt the Stilt walks on to an elevator with a dog on a leash. There is a petite woman (usually described as white) who has never seen such a large person (much less black) before. She is nervous and somewhat scared. As the elevator begins to move, Wilt commands, "Sit". The woman sheepishly sinks to the ground not realizing he was talking to his dog...

That story has probably been told 20,000 times.

I heard a version of this in the 1970s but it was Reggie Jackson. People love a good story, true or not.

Back