• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

@WakeProspects
2013 big men to keep an eye on - Chinonso Obokoh, Youssoupha Kane, Mike Young, Sidy Mohamed Djitte, and Tony Nunn.

Heard of our interest in all of those except for Sidy Mohamed Djitte. 6'11'', 240 out of Fayetteville. Doesn't appear to be ranked on the major sites.

Djitte isn't bad. He's already bigger than anyone on our team and is very mobile for his size. He hasn't been in the States for long at all and hasn't even been involved with basketball for that long either. Was at the Top 100 Camp and he's not the type of guy who you throw the ball down low and ask him to get a bucket, but he works hard and makes an impact on the boards and on D. Really nice kid too who wants to get better.

And we're not involved with Nunn anymore, and that's a good thing. He has offers from Cincy and Tennessee I believe and I don't see how. Out of shape, not that skilled and can only play a few minutes at a time

It was a good column. He's a good writer for a HS kid. I thought his comments about Wake were fair. The fact that he's visited Wake and Harvard already mean that academics do matter. If he wants elite academics and big time hoops, we're the only place on his list where he can do that. Unless I missed something that's pretty positive.

Well the fact that we aren't in the list of schools that he has the best relationships with and he enjoyed Harvard more. I would hope our bball facilities would be more impressive to a HS kid than Harvard's.

Well the fact that we aren't in the list of schools that he has the best relationships with and he enjoyed Harvard more. I would hope our bball facilities would be more impressive to a HS kid than Harvard's.

Beggars can't be choosers, man. Considering where this program is, I took that write-up as a net positive. We're still in the running despite not having the best visit and not having a strong relationship and he's considering an official visit.

It appears that UNC is starting to recruit Shelton Mitchell

Where have you seen this? IC? I wasn't yet aware of it.

Good news is that Wake was on him first and hardest, and he absolutely loves the campus. Academics definitley matter to him as well, and the fact that CP3 is in his ear can't hurt either.

Despite being raised in basketball-crazed North Carolina, Mitchell didn’t have a favorite team when he was younger.

“I didn’t really feel anything different after UNC contacted me,” he said. “It’s great to have a school like Carolina call, but it wasn’t a big deal. I didn’t have a dream school growing up.”

Despite being raised in basketball-crazed North Carolina, Mitchell didn’t have a favorite team when he was younger.

“I didn’t really feel anything different after UNC contacted me,” he said. “It’s great to have a school like Carolina call, but it wasn’t a big deal. I didn’t have a dream school growing up.”

That's good, unlike 90% of all other NC bball recruits.

I like him already.

From that article:
So far, out of my eight schools, I’ve visited Wake Forest and Harvard. I had a better visit to Harvard — not to say my visit to Wake Forest wasn’t good — because I spent a whole weekend as opposed to a day at the school. I’m trying to figure out schools I’m going to take unofficial [visits] to but it’s kind of hard because of camps and the AAU circuit. I haven’t decided whether I’ll visit Harvard or Wake Forest again since I’ve already visited before. I really don’t know if I’m going to cut my list down again but I think I want to commit in the fall."

I'd say we are trailing significantly in this race and don't think we'll be able to make it up from what he writes.

Where have you seen this? IC? I wasn't yet aware of it.

Good news is that Wake was on him first and hardest, and he absolutely loves the campus. Academics definitley matter to him as well, and the fact that CP3 is in his ear can't hurt either.

UNC does offer a better African Studies program than Wake.

Back