• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

How does Djitte compare to Andre Washington?

Hopefully Devin Thomas and Moto can improve the bruiser aspect of our team this year. That's what Devin is primarily known for and at 6'9" 230ish that's a pretty good size.

Another similar Reed article - http://www.trentonian.com/article/2...-s-reed-weighing-his-options&pager=full_story

“He made honor roll this past time and they don’t just hand that out to anybody at PDS,” McLean said. “Davon has a lot of options to the point where he can say, ‘Do I want to go high-major basketball – the elites – or do I want the best of both worlds? Do I want to be at a Wake (Forest) where it’s high-end academics and ACC basketball. Or do I really want to go for broke and go for the Ivy League?’ I think it’s a beautiful thing. I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s a testament to the quality of education he’s received at PDS and to the character of he and his family that they value both."

Another similar Reed article - http://www.trentonian.com/article/2...-s-reed-weighing-his-options&pager=full_story

“He made honor roll this past time and they don’t just hand that out to anybody at PDS,” McLean said. “Davon has a lot of options to the point where he can say, ‘Do I want to go high-major basketball – the elites – or do I want the best of both worlds? Do I want to be at a Wake (Forest) where it’s high-end academics and ACC basketball. Or do I really want to go for broke and go for the Ivy League?’ I think it’s a beautiful thing. I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s a testament to the quality of education he’s received at PDS and to the character of he and his family that they value both."

I want him baaad. He'd be a damn good player for us, but also has a hell of a head on his shoulders as far as I can tell.

This stuff is why I thought the other article was a positive one for us.

"I can talk to him [LaRue] about anything, about life," McClinton said. "He's always there for me. Anytime I need something I can call and talk to him about it. He's a big help when it comes to my game and my shot."

Apparently Rusty was the lead recruiter for McClinton. Greg models his game after J-Ho. Here is the link for full article. (Paid subscription)
http://wakeforest.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1377363

Djitte wouldn't be a bad get for us at the big in my opinion.

LaRue also coached McClinton in 7th and 8th grade

Also, I've talked to a few people the last couple days who have seen a few of our recruits a lot because they live in those areas.

Guy on Devin Thomas: "he will outwork anyone. Very underrated"

Another guy on Arnaud Moto: Big time athlete and will help on the boards and defensively. Perimeter skills need a lot of work.

Seth Greenberg at the top 100 Camp on Codi: "I love him." Said he's a ball guard so it will be interesting to see how him and CJ play together since both like to operate and score with the ball

CJ shot over 42% on threes last season. Having someone who can create more space for him should be a big help.

It will be interesting to watch Chase's development this year. Can he make adjustments to be effective? Can he be a starter-type for us in 2013? We obviously need a SG in 2013, and the more talent we can bring in the better, but can Chase help bridge the gap?

Hopefully Devin Thomas and Moto can improve the bruiser aspect of our team this year. That's what Devin is primarily known for and at 6'9" 230ish that's a pretty good size.

Agreed. This will be key.

I hope Devin can learn to play smart. I don't see him getting pushed around too much until ACC play, but he will inevitably run in to someone stronger than he is. How will he react to that and will his anger get the best of him or can he channel it.

I've seen Moto and I think he can be really effecitve crashing the boards from the wing. He may not have much of a post game or the height to play PF, but he is definitely a man of a 3, and he will fill out even more.

It was floated on one of these threads a few months ago that Thomas hadn't yet qualified academically. Does anyone know where he stands in that regard now?

Back