• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

Just odd he would go from saying "Wake is tied for the lead in my recruitment" on the eve of a visit, and then change his mind to the point of not even visiting Wake. Let's just hope it was an oversight.

I think it was something like this:

"Hold up. You mean it's not a real forest? Screw dat. I'm not visiting."

Devin is fully qualified and already admitted to the University. Close to 240# I heard.

Reactions: TBR
Maybe he can be an undersized post bruiser like Travis Watson was for UVa and dude from Clemson back then.

We could have pulled the offer...

Maybe we prefer Overton? It makes some sense. He is bigger and more of a pure shooter, which seems to be what we need as opposed to another scoring guard-type.

I'm sure we are still holding out for Reed though who sounds like the best all around player.

You don't pull offers until a verbal is eminent or you decide to move on. Yeah, maybe we do prefer Overton or Reed but this staff is in no position to pick and choose recruits. The story sounds strange.

Source says that Shelton Mitchell could go back to the west coast where he is originally from as well (and still has family). I know Oregon is after him pretty hard, and he is from Portland I believe. I'm most concerned about Duke and K based on my discussions. He still believes that Wake is in the lead though. I think this is primarily because of his relationship with CP3 and the fact that we were on him first/hardest.

He has the size.....if his motor is good, he will improve our team. Let's not put too pressure on him.

He has the size.....if his motor is good, he will improve our team. Let's not put too pressure on him.

Agreed. I just still find the discrepancy between the hype and the facts to be a bit odd, or at the very least off. There's a big difference between 6'7 and 6'10.

He was only 6'7 during his junior year. That's why his ratings were so low. Everyone from his local paper to Bob Gibbons spoke of his growth spurt. Now Stonz is reporting his barefoot height to confirm it.

"“It was getting really crazy, to be quite honest,” Central Dauphin head coach Bill Wolf said. “She put up these numbers against box-and-ones, triangle-and-twos, man defenses where they just completely face-guarded her and didn’t let her get the basketball. They’d double-team her when she got the ball. You name it, she saw it. To still put up the type of numbers that she did when, in every game there was a different strategy used against her, was pretty amazing.”

Sounds a lot like what was happening to Devin.

Where did stonz confirm Devin's growth spurt?

And don't compare a dude to his sister ever. So emasculating.

Back