• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

It was floated on one of these threads a few months ago that Thomas hadn't yet qualified academically. Does anyone know where he stands in that regard now?

Results from the final SAT/ACT test dates were posted last week, so its done either way now. I haven't heard anything though. I would assume he made it.

Results from the final SAT/ACT test dates were posted last week, so its done either way now. I haven't heard anything though. I would assume he made it.

That was the other thing I heard about Thomas these past few days at a camp I was working up in DC. Apparently, as of a few weeks ago, there was speculation that he wasn't going to qualify- not just at Wake but anywhere- apparently his academics were pretty bad. But if we haven't heard anything I would assume he made it, like Stonz said.

Apparently, he is also only a legit 6'7 or 6'8" but that he completely makes up for it with his strength and motor.

"The players we have coming in are talented and committed, and will provide depth. And we haven't compromised our values by doing all this. The foundation has been established."

So Bz must be going for the Heat's unconventional setup, with a heavy 6'8" guy and wiry 6'10" guy in the frontcourt. Only our Lebron is an untested freshman who may or may not qualify and our Bosh is Daniel Green.

Really glad we gave up on getting a big man transfer/postgrad.

I would be very surprised if he had poor academics as he has few if any tattoos and comes from a two family home. And he has great teeth, which is an academic outlayer.

And yes, I am kidding.

Still think this kid is going to be a 4-year beast. Somewhere between Songaila and Boozer. Everyone else I haven't a clue, but this kid just seems built for an awesome college career: good size, great hands, great motor. I think he will fill out a bit too as his family has, shall I say, ... size

Still think this kid is going to be a 4-year beast. Somewhere between Songaila and Boozer. Everyone else I haven't a clue, but this kid just seems built for an awesome college career: good size, great hands, great motor. I think he will fill out a bit too as his family has, shall I say, ... size

:rulz:

James Johnson redux. IF he qualifies.

The more things change ...

Skeen has great tooth, so his academic struggles really surprised me. I blame RJ

Cool I'm sure Bz will continue to take the moral highground despite recruiting kids that barely qualify.

Devin is post/lane player. JJ and Jamie played on the perimeter as well as the lane.

Drew Cannon ‏@DrewCannon1
When I asked Kam Williams where he would visit, he listed Miami, Providence, Syracuse, Ohio State, and South Florida.

Well damn.

Did he ever visit after his earlier postponement? Wake was tied for first on his list a week ago.

Back