• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

This is not a private message board.

In fact some have gone to great lengths to become more public.

You can't read the boards without registering, and to become registered you have to be approved by the moderators. It couldn't be more private without a pay wall. No players or recruits are accidentally stumbling upon these boards, they are choosing to visit just like you and me.

You can't read the boards without registering, and to become registered you have to be approved by the moderators. It couldn't be more private without a pay wall. No players or recruits are accidentally stumbling upon these boards, they are choosing to visit just like you and me.

Obviously I would chose to visit this site. How am I suppose to make my decision to come and play here without first seeing how someone posting behind a user name with a scene from Mars Attacks treats me. I have made my decision, Mars Attacks sucks and therefore will not be attending Wake Forest.

Of course it's more like 1 poster/lurker, probably a non-athlete, goes and tattle-tells to the player or recruit they know when something inflammatory is posted about said player/team/coach.

+1

I'm not sure why folks get so hung up on usually-joking posts on a private message board* when our dysfunctional and inadequate coaching situation is both more visible and more embarrassing. The bold (above), I think, is absolutely true.

*ETA: Private in the sense that you cannot see posts via Google searching or access them without registration.

See below:
Google search - Take One

Google search - Take Two

But if you Google "Harry Giles" "rjkarl", this is what you get:

Scout.com: How can anyone justify not firing [Redacted]?

mbd.scout.com › ... › How can anyone justify not firin...
Mar 3, 2013 - 20 posts - 11 authors
rjkarl wrote: Five years ago we were a premier program. Then it was "you ..... We had Harry Giles at our last freaking game. When we have bad ...

Well RJ, according to Google you are personally responsible if we don't get Harry Giles. Thank's a lot.

Does any one know who w are actively recruiting? who we have offered? and who might be interested in helping Wake crawl out of the shitter?

Robert Johnson http://wakeforest.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1509881

"The 6-foot-3, 185-pound Chesterfield (Va.) Benedictine School combo guard, who is rated as a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, is averaging about 16 points, nearly five rebounds, four assists and 1.4 steals per game on the EYBL circuit."...."Alabama, DePaul, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Villanova and Wake Forest are pursuing him most."....
"I think it's [offer from Wake] pretty big for me," Johnson said. "It's a good school academic-wise, and it is in the ACC, probably the best league in college this year, so I think it's a great opportunity."

James Palmer http://wakeforest.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1506353

6'5 175lb. combo guard

"I talked to Randolph Childress," Palmer said. "He just told me that he likes my game [and] that he likes the way I play. He said that he likes that I'm an all-around player [and] I don't just focus on one thing."....."Palmer claims scholarship offers from Detroit, George Mason, Massachusetts, Radford, Richmond, Rutgers, St. Joseph's, Towson, UNC-Greensboro and most recently Wake Forest, while Cincinnati, Creighton, Georgetown, Indiana, Maryland, Miami (Fla.), NC State, Temple, VCU and Xavier are also showing interest"

Bigs include: Quadri Moore, Shane Hall, Leron Black (not bloody likely), CJ turner among others. Other SG prospects include Devin Mitchell and Jared Nickens.

Robert Johnson http://wakeforest.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1509881

"The 6-foot-3, 185-pound Chesterfield (Va.) Benedictine School combo guard, who is rated as a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, is averaging about 16 points, nearly five rebounds, four assists and 1.4 steals per game on the EYBL circuit."...."Alabama, DePaul, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Villanova and Wake Forest are pursuing him most."....
"I think it's [offer from Wake] pretty big for me," Johnson said. "It's a good school academic-wise, and it is in the ACC, probably the best league in college this year, so I think it's a great opportunity."

3* shooting guard with other offers from Pitt and VCU.

James Palmer http://wakeforest.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1506353

6'5 175lb. combo guard

"I talked to Randolph Childress," Palmer said. "He just told me that he likes my game [and] that he likes the way I play. He said that he likes that I'm an all-around player [and] I don't just focus on one thing."....."Palmer claims scholarship offers from Detroit, George Mason, Massachusetts, Radford, Richmond, Rutgers, St. Joseph's, Towson, UNC-Greensboro and most recently Wake Forest, while Cincinnati, Creighton, Georgetown, Indiana, Maryland, Miami (Fla.), NC State, Temple, VCU and Xavier are also showing interest"

Unranked. Official offers include UNCG, Radford, and Towson.

Great job, staff.

Did we really stop recruiting Gary Clark 2.0?

After our April recruiting fiasco, I'll believe in our recruiting efforts only after we start locking up commitments from people who didn't either 1) grow up idolizing Wake Forest basketball (GMac) or 2) grow up idolizing CP3 (Shelton).

Whatever we're doing and have been doing in the [Redacted] regime has not been working.

3* shooting guard with other offers from Pitt and VCU.

Unranked. Official offers include UNCG, Radford, and Towson.

Great job, staff.

Either Palmer blows up and someone else gets him or he doesn't and we get him. Either way, we lose.

we are still looking for guards...that's all we hear about!

give me a fucking big man bzzz!

We MUST use one scholarship for a BIG. It's inconceivable [Redacted] could be stupid enough not to know this.

inconceivable-1.jpg

Back