• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

There was a team a couple of years ago with three guys who had the same last name.

Minnesota starts Hollins and Hollins in the backcourt (and they aren't related).

Of course Stanford had the Collins twins starting.

There have been lots of teams with people of the same name starting.

Let me come out of retirement from this board long enough to say that my point was proven again last night just by watching the NBA draft. The majority of these finger pointing buzz-outers want the Deac's to have Duke like results. Well you just don't get those results in the ACC without star players. Plumblee,Kelly and even Curry all may fill NBA rosters yet the best player on our roster over the last 3 years since Buzz has fielded a team was not even a thought for any team in the draft process (much less anyone else who had been on those 3 teams and went on)
You can not win in the ACC or anywhere without talent. Finally this past year we landed a handful of good players to help turn things around. All of the outters Judge without taking everything into consideration. Obviously if Wake had two or three guys get drafted last night and even more All-ACC selections that filled the roster and we had the record that we had last year we should sent him packing with a swift kick, but its just not the case. Some of the whiners need to get it through thick skulls that you cant bake a cake without all the ingredients no matter how famous of a baker you are.
Ask Coach Grobe how hard it is to win without talent, maybe ask any defenisve cordnator how hard it is to be a DC without guys like curry,zo,Stanley,Chip,KP,Ghee,Gattis.
- going back into back retirement from this board just to keep my sanity-

From that overalls guy.

A handful of good players wins more than 13 games with a legit coach.

From that overalls guy.

Someone needs to get it through his thick skull that at least half of [Redacted]'s job is making sure there is talent on the team (and two of those three were 5-star players, and the 3rd averaged 20PPG before he transferred to Duke as a sophomore). So if there isn't talent on the team than that's [Redacted]'s fault too. Though I happen to think there is some talent on the team. Certainly enough to win more than 13 games with a competent coach. But then I support the players above a coach who has had 6 straight losing records (8 in 10 years of collegiate coaching, 9 in 12 full years of head coaching).

Someone needs to get it through his thick skull that at least half of [Redacted]'s job is making sure there is talent on the team (and two of those three were 5-star players, and the 3rd averaged 20PPG before he transferred to Duke as a sophomore). So if there isn't talent on the team than that's [Redacted]'s fault too. Though I happen to think there is some talent on the team. Certainly enough to win more than 13 games with a competent coach. But then I support the players above a coach who has had 6 straight losing records (8 in 10 years of collegiate coaching, 9 in 12 full years of head coaching).

Guise, it takes tiiiiiiiime to recruit great players, you can't just expect Buzz to build his own talented roster in 3 years, he had to knead the dough and let it rise and other meaningless baking analogies.

Via Twitter, no haas intended:

Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits 18 Jun

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/isaiah-buck-lowman … RT @JamieShaw5: Isaiah Buck Lowman 6'6 F '15 @obeyyzayy_ says Wake Forest is now in contact & coming hardest

Rick Lewis ‏@Coach_Rick57 17 Jun

Per 6'8 2015 Huner Seacat of Lake Norman HS in Mooresville heard from Wake Forest, Princeton, WCU, JMU and Loyola this past weekend

Corey Pegram ‏@CoreyPegram 20h

2016 combo guard Curt Jones says he holds offers now from VaTech, NC State, and Richmond. Wake Forest, VCU and UVA interested

Corey Pegram ‏@CoreyPegram 20h

2015 Brandon Ingram says VCU Florida VaTech Tennessee Louisville UNC Wake Forest and NC State are after him the hardest. No favorites

That made me curious enough to go over there.

Who is that "tjcmd"dude? What a butt sniffer for Wellman. Steve Schutt's new username?

He turns every thread into the conclusion that we can't compete due to resource limitations. Like TheReff with Dave Odom and George Greer.

Back