• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

Mitchell No. 55 in the new Scout rankings.

Quadri Moore (No. 77), Devin Mitchell (No. 78), and Robert Johnson (No. 85) in the Top 100.

Link

Huh. So, I guess the ESPN conspiracy was just that? I hope he improves his standing over the summer, but I think his drop is more indicative of how talented the class of 2014 actually is rather than speaking to a decline. Shelton had the benefit of being seen and fawned over early in the game, but other guys have more than proven themselves in the meantime. We'll see what happens after the AAU summer session is over.

It's worth pointing out, though, that Buzz has still never recruiting an RSCI top-50 player.

In the latest 2014 Scout 100, 30 recruits have made verbal commitments. 10 will be playing in the ACC. All 10 are ranked in the top 55. Here's the breakdown:

3 Carolina: #7 Justin Jackson, #22 Joel Berry, #32 Theo Pinson
2 Louisville: #29 Quentin Snider, #36 Shaqquan Aaron
1 Syracuse: #16 Chris McCullough
1 NC State: #34 Caleb Martin
1 Duke: #38 Grayson Allen
1 Virginia: #53 BJ Stith
1 Wake Forest: #55 Shelton Mitchell

Other Notables:
#23 Leron Black
#31 Devin Booker (gotta end up in the ACC right?)
#37 Goodluck Okonoboh (all-name team candidate)
#93 Jared Nickens - Maryland
#100 Dominique Collier - Colorado

Interesting that Cody Martin did not make top 100, while his brother checked in at #34. I had heard they were separating, but that's now quite a gap.

Last edited:
Man, would love to grab one of Devin Mitchell/Rob Johnson and Quadri Moore/Leron Black. Would be a very solid class.

The Martin twins are violating the recruiting rankings rule that says twins must be ranked consecutively (known as the Wear Clause).

So I'll meet you at the bottom
If there really is one, they always told me
When you hit it you'll know it
But I've been falling so long
It's like gravity's gone and I'm just floating

Drive By Truckers

Bold prediction time: Ron Wellman will not be our AD on January 1, 2014. Jeff [Redacted] will not be our basketball coach on March 17, 2014.

I wholeheartedly believe the second half of that. I don't buy the first half one bit.

I wholeheartedly believe the second half of that. I don't buy the first half one bit.

Wellman is going to ride off into the sunset on a white stallion with blue hairs throwing petals. After seeing the rationalizations out there, I wouldn't be shocked if [Redacted] gets another year and an extension if we manage to get over .500.

Anyone hear of us recruiting Chinanu Onuaku? #8 ranked center

We're not listed with him on Rivals, Scout, ESPN, or 247 and he has a pretty long list.

The title of this thread is irritating. I suggest: Bball recruiting: let's fantasize about players who we'll never sign until we get a coach who isn't a piece of crap.

Do we prefer Johnson over Mitchell or do we view both as about the same. Their rankings on Scout seem pretty similar. A backcourt of Mitchell and Mitchell would at least be novel.

Back