• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

Leron Black update by Jeff Borzello at CBS. No mention of Wake...

Leron Black was one of the more intriguing prospects heading into the spring period, as he had cemented himself as a top-25 recruit and was headed for a big couple of months.

However, he injured his ankle in early April and was forced to the bench for several events. Now that he's somewhat healthy, Black is back to being a matchup problem for most opponents.

“I've been playing pretty good, trying to get back to 100 percent. Playing how I know I can,” Black said. “I'm just trying to play as hard as I can, help my team win.”

The 6-foot-7 forward from White Station (Tenn.) is ranked No. 22 in the 247 Sports Composite. His absence didn't slow down his recruitment one bit during the spring period.

Indiana, Florida, Ohio State, Illinois, Baylor, Connecticut, North Carolina State, Tennessee and others have all made a move in his process.

The Hoosiers were the most recent offer, extending it in early June.

“We've been talking like, every day since,” Black said. “I like the coaching staff, I like the program they've got, I like the way they play.”

Assistant coach Kenny Johnson is doing most of the recruiting for Tom Crean's staff.

“He's a nice guy,” Black said. “I'm big on my faith. I can talk to him about my faith all the time, and I love that. He's a nice person.”

Black is no rookie to the recruiting circuit, as he was once committed to Baylor for 3 1/2 months before reopening the process.

“I just feel like I did it too early,” he said. “Baylor, they're still going to be one of my top schools. I just wanted to take my time and analyze the whole process.”

Black said Illinois, Florida and Connecticut -- along with Indiana -- are the ones coming at him the hardest.

“I love all the schools that are talking to me,” he said. “I'm big on my faith, so they're basically talking to me about my faith and trying to get me to have a good feeling with the coaches.”

Black will wait until the fall to take his official visits, and he's not sure which schools he wants to take a closer look at.

“I'm still taking my time, letting the recruiting process take place.”

ESPN ACC Recruiting Breakdown

Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Who they have: ESPN 100 point guard Shelton Mitchell was a terrific in-state player to wrap up early in this class. He will provide point guard play and scoring ability. He is an important recruit in terms of talent on the floor and recruiting credibility off the court.

Who they want: Power forward Leron Black, center C.J. Turman, center Quadri Moore, power forward Reid Travis, power forward Alec Brennan, power forward Gary Clark, shooting guard Robert Johnson, shooting guard James Palmer and point guard Devin Mitchell are high on the list.

Storyline to watch: Will the Demon Deacons build on the commitment of Mitchell? This will be the key if this once proud program is going to make a comeback.

Bold prediction: Wake Forest will land Johnson, an up-and-coming guard who would be huge for Wake Forest.

Overall recruiting trend: It has been a long haul for Wake Forest. The recruiting needle was down for a while, went to steady and is now starting to show promise as Devin Thomas and Codi Miller-McIntyre had good freshman seasons and a top-100 player in Mitchell has been secured for the future.

Yeah he's pretty clearly not seriously considering Wake. It's funny that Shelton keeps trying to push that one though (or maybe the Rivals guys are just making him push it).

Drew Albert ‏@dalberthoops 1m
"I think they [Leron Black & the Wake Forest coaches] are building it [relationship] more and more every day."-Shelton Mitchell @WakeRivals

Drew Albert ‏@dalberthoops 1m
"He [Black] told me he actually wants to take his official [visit to Wake] with me." - Shelton Mitchell @WakeRivals

SG/PG Robert Johnson, Richmond (Va.) Benedictine
After a hot start to the spring, Johnson cooled down the last couple of sessions of the EYBL. He really picked it up during camp and was easily one of the biggest surprises.

OK Ish, got my curiosity up. Nothing I can find says that. Did Hoover get four commits and if so who and how good? Thanks.

Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995 22h
Wake Forest receives 3 2015 & 1 2016 verbal commitments. Ariel Stephenson 6–0 G Prince George HS VA Kortni Simmons 5-7 PG Spotsylvania HS...

2015 Destini Walker 5-9 G moved to VA from Ossining NY & 2016 Tyra Whitehead 6-2 C Meadowbrook HS. All 4 kids play AAU Boo Williams Richmond

Wake Forest receives 3 2015 & 1 2016 verbal commitments. Ariel Stephenson 6–0 G Prince George HS VA Kortni Simmons 5-7 PG Spotsylvania HS...

2015 Destini Walker 5-9 G moved to VA from Ossining NY & 2016 Tyra Whitehead 6-2 C Meadowbrook HS. All 4 kids play AAU Boo Williams Richmond

Ariel Stephenson (#25 overall rank; #6 position rank): http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/141753/ariel-stephenson

Wait, what?

Ahh, just saw they were WBB. Was so confused.

Back