• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

Of course he will not.

He might do 15/8/3 though, so RJ is not THAT far off.

Devin is a beast, at 6'7 no less.
Yea, he's not THAT far off from a guess you just made up. Guess X (rj) is no more "correct" as a normative matter just because it is sorta close to Guess Y (you), which itself represents numbers you made up after reading rj's "prediction" and thinking about it for a few seconds.

And to the extent any of this matters (which it doesn't), among eligible players in the six major conferences last season (ACC, Big East, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, SEC), all of 3 players averaged 15 and 8 in conference play: Plumlee, Zeller, and Dwight Powell (Stanford). This may sound looney tunes, but putting up 15 and 8 against high-major scholarship players isn't all that easy to do.

From the beginning, K has been more supportive of Buzz than practically any poster on these boards. I wonder why? I also wonder why, the article neglected to mention that under Buzz we managed to win a total of 26 games over two years - 13 each year - with two all ACC players in our lineup. And I also wonder, if they would be calling that competitive if it happened at Duke.

I'm pretty sure that Adolph Hitler thought that Neville Chamberlain should have continued on as Prime Minister of Great Britain as well.

Yea, he's not THAT far off from a guess you just made up. Guess X (rj) is no more "correct" as a normative matter just because it is sorta close to Guess Y (you), which itself represents numbers you made up after reading rj's "prediction" and thinking about it for a few seconds.

And to the extent any of this matters (which it doesn't), among eligible players in the six major conferences last season (ACC, Big East, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, SEC), all of 3 players averaged 15 and 8 in conference play: Plumlee, Zeller, and Dwight Powell (Stanford). This may sound looney tunes, but putting up 15 and 8 against high-major scholarship players isn't all that easy to do.

Yep. More evidence that Wake fans have been spoiled by big man play over the last 23 seasons. We just don't realize just how good we've had it. Here are players who have gotten 15/8 overall or very close since Odom took over.

1990 - 16.0/7.3 (Chris King)
1991 - 16.0/7.9 (Rodney Rogers)
1992 - 20.2/8.4 (Rodney Rogers)
1993 - 21.2/7.4 (Rodney Rogers)
1994 - 15.1/6.8 (Trelonnie Owens)
1995 - 16.8/12.5 (Tim Duncan)
1996 - 19.1/12.3 (Tim Duncan)
1997 - 20.8/14.7 (Tim Duncan)
2002 - 17.9/8.1 (2.6 ast) (Darius Songaila) 13.9/7.1 (Josh Howard)
2003 - 19.5/8.3 (Josh Howard)
2005 - 16.1/7.7 (Eric Williams)
2006 - 16.3/8.9 (Eric Williams)
2007 - 17.0/7.4 (Kyle Visser)
2008 - 14.6/8.1 (James Johnson)
2009 - 15.0/8.5 (James Johnson)
2010 - 15.8/10.7 (Al-Farouq Aminu)
2011 - 13.0/7.7 (Travis McKie)
2012 - 16.1/7.0 (Travis McKie)
2013 - 13.5/7.0 (Travis McKie)

Apparently his problems were academic from what i read. I would assume that means he is out of the question.

Of course he will not.

He might do 15/8/3 though, so RJ is not THAT far off.

Devin is a beast, at 6'7 no less.

If Devin does get your numbers, which are still fairly optimistic (especially for assists), his margin of error would be 12%, 20%, and 25%. That's not THAT close.

Uh, you know he didn't hire Averill, right? My understanding is he didn't want to hire Vidovich either, but boosters basically forced him too. Without actually listing everything out, seems like he's pretty much 50/50 with hires (ie: Charlene Curtis and Mike Petersen, Remliak and Tom Walter, etc).

I am curious about the take that Wellman is this control freak over football and basketball (big money revenue sports), but he let boosters force his decision on the men's soccer coach? At the end of the day it was his decision and he hired Vidovich and it was a good call.

I am curious about the take that Wellman is this control freak over football and basketball (big money revenue sports), but he let boosters force his decision on the men's soccer coach? At the end of the day it was his decision and he hired Vidovich and it was a good call.

That was MUCH earlier in the job. Obviously one's ability to make decisions without consulting others or listening to the boosters changes over time and as you gain experience. And when you're paying a guy like Wellman as much as we are for limited results, it's not a reach to assume it has gone to his head.

20 years is a long time to develop a case of psychotic arrogance.

Didn't we just offer this kid?

Dave Telep ‏@DaveTelep 2m
@DaveTelep: Georgia Stars best talent comes off bench. Devin Mitchell is a stud shooter. #eybl

Not sure if this is relevant, but RT @PaulBiancardi: It's a done deal. Braxton Ogbueze has officially transferred to #Charlotte.

Back