• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

A doubt that a kid that has offers from both Duke and UK is going to remain the #17 PF in his class for very long.
Right. He could become a McD AA. So were Plumlee and Jefferson. Didn't hinder Okafor's playing time. Grayson Allen and Matt Jones were McD AAs. Didn't hinder Winslow's playing time. K would be an idiot to not play Harry as much as possible, and well, he isn't an idiot.

ETA: Hey, RJ PMed me about this. C'mon, man. Just come back.

The idea that Giles will have to worry about PT is one of the dumbest Giles arguments on this thread.

Right. He could become a McD AA. So were Plumlee and Jefferson. Didn't hinder Okafor's playing time. Grayson Allen and Matt Jones were McD AAs. Didn't hinder Winslow's playing time. K would be an idiot to not play Harry as much as possible, and well, he isn't an idiot.

ETA: Hey, RJ PMed me about this. C'mon, man. Just come back.

I never said it would. I was just commenting on the fact that you were obviously selling Gabriel short. He has had recent offers from Duke, Kentucky and Kansas. Also, neither Allen and Jones played the same position as Winslow. Jefferson didn't play Okafor's position and Plumlee was a guy that had to redshirt his Freshman year.

I agree with Ph. Giles isn't going to worry about PT with anyone from the class of 2016 or with anyone that is currently on Duke's roster.

Either way, let's just tweet to Giles that K is already trying to recruit over him

All I'm saying is taking a likely five star player at the same position as Giles could play into his decision. It very well may not. But Gabriel's meteoric rise and likely destination (Duke is his dream school and he was even using Blue Devil as his handle for awhile) has introduced a new component into Giles race.

We'll see if it causes any ripple effects.

Duke will find a spot for HG regardless of who commits. And K will let Harry know his PT won't be affected at all (whether it's true or not)

The idea that Giles will have to worry about PT is one of the dumbest Giles arguments on this thread.

Harry will get plenty of PT anywhere, the only question is would Coach K put him in at C? I think he would definitely play some C, b/c he can, and that would be a scary athletic line-up, but the trick is convincing Harry that he would log a bunch of minutes at C if he went to Duke with Gabriel. Coach K will deny. deny, deny, of course.

You can't say Harry isn't trying to be neutral.
If anything, he sounded the most excited about Kansas.

I'll be kind and just say that any of you people saying that a commitment from Gabriel would have no impact on Giles' decision are not thinking clearly. Of course it is going to have an impact. How much of an impact is hard to say but he will certainly factor it into his decision. Even if he doesn't think it will impact his playing time, it could impact team chemistry or cause him to play some minutes at a different position, or whatever. It is likely he knows Gabriel and has played with him or against him on the AAU circuit. Maybe he can't stand the guy. Maybe he really likes him and wants to play with him. None of us know. But to say it won't impact his decision is crazy.

I, for one, think any impact would be more negative than positive so I am hoping Duke extends the offer and Gabriel commits right away.

Gabriel is likely to snap that offer up. So I guess we'll get to see if it changes the situation at all.

I never said it would. I was just commenting on the fact that you were obviously selling Gabriel short. He has had recent offers from Duke, Kentucky and Kansas. Also, neither Allen and Jones played the same position as Winslow. Jefferson didn't play Okafor's position and Plumlee was a guy that had to redshirt his Freshman year.

I agree with Ph. Giles isn't going to worry about PT with anyone from the class of 2016 or with anyone that is currently on Duke's roster.

Wake Forest has also offered Gabriel. maybe whoever doesn't go to Duke comes to WF.

If Gabriel doesn't go to Duke, he's either going to one of the ones that was on him early (BC, Providence, etc) or one of the powerhouses that just offered (UK, Kansas, etc). Gabriel is way less likely than even Smith imo

I don't think anyone with a brain has ever said this.

What are you talking about? That's how most people react to things like that. Everyone is biased for their own team on Crystal ball picks and it's ridiculous that some take it so seriously

Last edited:
Back