• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Gabriel committing to Duke would most definitely help our chances with Giles. Now how much it affects his decision is unknown but to say it will have no effect is just ludicrous. Giles has stated repeatedly that he wants to play the 4(or even some 3) primarily at the college level. A Tatum-Gabriel-Giles lineup would get major minutes together with Giles playing the 5. Also, I know Jeter is listed as a center but he seems to prefer playing away from the basket and probably isnt strong enough yet to guard most 5s. Harry needs to come to wake and play alongside two true big men (Moore + Miller) !

Gabriel committing to Duke would most definitely help our chances with Giles. Now how much it affects his decision is unknown but to say it will have no effect is just ludicrous. Giles has stated repeatedly that he wants to play the 4(or even some 3) primarily at the college level. A Tatum-Gabriel-Giles lineup would get major minutes together with Giles playing the 5. Also, I know Jeter is listed as a center but he seems to prefer playing away from the basket and probably isnt strong enough yet to guard most 5s. Harry needs to come to wake and play alongside two true big men (Moore + Miller) !
No, it isn't. Not at all.

this doesn't have to do with recruiting, im sorry, though all 5 of giles' schools are on here.

just different display of common knowledge, thought it was interesting to see it in win shares for next year while reading an article about kentucky's nba dominance

14b2cg8.jpg

No, it isn't. Not at all.

Of course it is. And I am surprised at how dense you people are. I can never understand why people insist on making absolute statements - like "no effect whatsoever". I don't see how anyone can say with a straight face that the signing of a potential 5-star, Mickey-D All American player at the same position would have no impact on Giles.

Of course it is. And I am surprised at how dense you people are. I can never understand why people insist on making absolute statements - like "no effect whatsoever". I don't see how anyone can say with a straight face that the signing of a potential 5-star, Mickey-D All American player at the same position would have no impact on Giles.

Because Giles is the best PF in his class.

Lol, you're clueless.

If K thinks a Gabriel commit would have ANY negative impact on Harry committing, do you think he's going to let Gabriel commit before Harry?

Christ, so much dumbass thinking.

I guess you're right that you can't say it's impossible that Gabriel's college plans have no effect on Giles...however it is far more likely that Giles' college plans will affect Gabriel's decision.

"Yo K, remember that time you started those walk-ons to rough me up. That was whack. But it's cool, I'm making a lot of money now."
Chris said him and K actually had to talk that out before the Olympics

I am truly curious why it is that you think you know so much about what Giles or any other recruit is thinking and what will or will not impact his decision.
I don't know. It's simple logic. Harry is the #1 player in his class. Gabriel is a late bloomer not even ranked in the top 50 currently. It is very, very likely that Gabriel being on the team wouldn't affect Harry's playing time. In the very, very small chance that a Gabriel commit would negatively affect a Harry commit, K would know this and would not let Gabriel commit before Harry does. You're treating K like he's [name redacted]-level stupid.

I don't know. It's simple logic. Harry is the #1 player in his class. Gabriel is a late bloomer not even ranked in the top 50 currently. It is very, very likely that Gabriel being on the team wouldn't affect Harry's playing time. In the very, very small chance that a Gabriel commit would negatively affect a Harry commit, K would know this and would not let Gabriel commit before Harry does. You're treating K like he's [name redacted]-level stupid.

You are making my argument for me. Saying things like 'very, very likely" and "very, very small chance" acknowledges that there is a chance those things would happen - and that mean Giles is going to think about them as well. Which means a commit from Gabriel would be a factor in Giles decision - whether large or small, negative or positive, none of us know. All I am saying is that it most definitely WILL be a factor.

Stop being a know-it-all ass and saying it will not be a factor.

Could Gabriel actually be a draw for Harry? Harry thinking he won't have his playing time impacted, but will get better competition in practice to improve more.

Back