• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Manning and his staff are just relentless on the recruiting trail. Eventually we are going to start to land some of these guys. Would be great to start with the 16 class and land 2 bigs (Giles + a center). That kid looks like he doesn't really know how to use his body at all right now. He is going to improve a lot in college with the right coaching wherever he ends up.

I enjoyed the part of that article (which is a year old) where he mentions Duncan as the style of player he'd like to be.

Sure hope he's not reading the garbage on this thread, can we like get back to recruiting info and quit the attempted comedy? Then again he may see what a bunch of losers we are here and decide Wake REALLY needs him

Well that's not nice.

Manning and his staff are just relentless on the recruiting trail. Eventually we are going to start to land some of these guys. Would be great to start with the 16 class and land 2 bigs (Giles + a center). That kid looks like he doesn't really know how to use his body at all right now. He is going to improve a lot in college with the right coaching wherever he ends up.

This. For 4 years we talked about all the damage [ ] did to the program and recruiting. Then Manning came in, got a few nice prospects to listen, and we forgot about it. Well, that problem hasn't gone away and meanwhile Manning is still working. If we give the guy a chance he will get it turned around but it's not something we can fix in a year (though landing HG3 sure would help).

Ugh. You guys are right.

Either of Harry's parents with him?

According to someone I know at Fratellis, the rents were both there or at least she is pretty sure they were his parents. No buffet line there but he was noticed moving very gracefully towards the restroom.

Sure hope he's not reading the garbage on this thread, can we like get back to recruiting info and quit the attempted comedy? Then again he may see what a bunch of losers we are here and decide Wake REALLY needs him

According to someone I know at Fratellis, the rents were both there or at least she is pretty sure they were his parents. No buffet line there but he was noticed moving very gracefully towards the restroom.

:rulz:

Parents are with him and all of them are being treated like royalty.

Manning is doing a great job recruiting. Keep in mind that while he can sell Wake with no problem, he's still has the [Redacted] era working against him. It's still fresh on the minds of kids who link basketball success to sportscenter top 10 clips. We haven't had many of those recently. It's going to take some time. Of course, HG will make that a much shorter wait when he commits.

The Giles really like Danny Manning. They like Wake Forest. They like the idea of Harry being a star in his hometown before he becomes a millionaire in the NBA (for many reasons).

They do not like the stink of [Redacted] that still lingers.

The Giles really like Danny Manning. They like Wake Forest. They like the idea of Harry being a star in his hometown before he becomes a millionaire in the NBA (for many reasons).

They do not like the stink of [Redacted] that still lingers.

I imagine that's awkward when juxtaposed with their relationship with Randolph.

Randolph came in at the end of the stink. He hasn't been secretive about his mission of turning this thing around - and quick.

Maybe Manning & Randolph's swagger can overcome the losing stench.

I imagine that's awkward when juxtaposed with their relationship with Randolph.

I'm really hoping that their relationship with Chill hammers home the point that the stench of [Redacted], although still lingering, really just came from Ronnie and coach douchebag. Having Chill around to be like "yeah things sucked for a while, I know, I was there, but you can trust us with Harry now, this program is in a great place and I'm trusting it with my own kid" and their trust and relationship with the Childress family makes me optimistic that Chill can mitigate some of the effects of that era of Wake basketball.

Imagine the narrative surrounding Harry if he's at Wake. If he's at Kentucky or Duke, he's another feather in Cal's or K's cap...more validation of their lottery factory status. It's impressive for sure, but this story has been told before...every year there's a #1 who goes to a one-and-done U (which Duke has the luxury of becoming) and the story is the same, but the names and places may change.

Wake offers a narrative that doesn't exist anywhere else. Harry being tutored by his older doppelganger...a former #1 pick, NBA all-star. The media will run those sentimental clips telling the, showing the 'mentoring' in practice, highlighting the results on the field, discussing it in the booth at every game, featuring articles in newspapers and national rags. The MEDIA attention and hype will be absolutely unique. This will be Harry's story that won't be retold. He will most definitely be a household name.

Ben Simmons has put his basketball future in the hands of Johnny Jones to play at LSU. Wake offers a better set up for Harry.

I'm really hoping that their relationship with Chill hammers home the point that the stench of [Redacted], although still lingering, really just came from Ronnie and coach douchebag. Having Chill around to be like "yeah things sucked for a while, I know, I was there, but you can trust us with Harry now, this program is in a great place and I'm trusting it with my own kid" and their trust and relationship with the Childress family makes me optimistic that Chill can mitigate some of the effects of that era of Wake basketball.

Ronnie is still around.

Back