• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Curtis Jones had two strong games today averaging 16 pts a game and going 5-10 from 3. With him playing well, Eli Wright having a great weekend, Kwe showing a more developed game, and last week's news of Jalen Johnson playing well in the Adidas event, WF seems to have some very good options to fill one or two spots on the wings in 2016.

That doesn't even take into account other recruits like Rawle Alkins, Bruce Brown, Markelle Fultz, Kostas Antetokounmpo, Jon Issac, and Mario Kegler, who are all possibilities but not that likely at this point.

Last edited:
So what is conventional wisdom on how Manning will fill out the 2016 class? One of each after B Chill?

So what is conventional wisdom on how Manning will fill out the 2016 class? One of each after B Chill?
Well there are 4 spots currently remaining (with one open now, so it could be filled with 2015 player). Assuming that he plans to get a PF (Giles hopefully) and a center, that leaves two spots open for the wings unless he doubles up at a forward position (which he could do if he lands Giles since he's a OAD). I'd assume he'd be looking for a guy who can consistently hit longer shots and a guy who can contribute in multiple ways (shoot, drive, rebound, etc).

Well there are 4 spots currently remaining (with one open now, so it could be filled with 2015 player). Assuming that he plans to get a PF (Giles hopefully) and a center, that leaves two spots open for the wings unless he doubles up at a forward position (which he could do if he lands Giles since he's a OAD). I'd assume he'd be looking for a guy who can consistently hit longer shots and a guy who can contribute in multiple ways (shoot, drive, rebound, etc).

Most likely could go ahead and count Dinos' scholarship as well. I'm guessing we bring in 5-6 in 2016 when it's all said and done.

Most likely could go ahead and count Dinos' scholarship as well. I'm guessing we bring in 5-6 in 2016 when it's all said and done.

Let's say he improves significantly, like a lot of sophomores do. If he has a really big season, and thinks he can be an NBA player wouldn't he stay at Wake? I don't really see the advantage of leaving Wake and going to Greece if he is improving here and has a shot at the NBA.

Dinos is too slow and poor defensively to have a shot in the NBA. He could improve dramatically but it won't be in the areas that are holding him back. Athleticism isn't something you just learn over a summer.

From the Manning quotes regarding Dinos, it sounds like it's not a matter of if but when he will decide to return to Greece to play professionally.

Skylar Mays will try to take an unofficial to UNLV soon. LSU, BC, Ok.St., Baylor, Memphis, Wake Forest & SMU offers

From the Manning quotes regarding Dinos, it sounds like it's not a matter of if but when he will decide to return to Greece to play professionally.

Not sure I'd want to put my future in Greece. It's imploding.

35mqdlj.jpg

Giles and a bunch of other very good players will be playing in the Josh Level Classic at SE Guilford High on June 6. So if you're in the Triad and like basketball, might be something to go watch.

The Josh Level classic will be held on June 6th at SE Guilford HS. Doors open at 6pm and game time is 7pm. Rosters are as follows:

Team 1: Bam Bam Adebayo, Brandon Childress(WF), Kwe Parker, Seventh Woods, Dennis Smith Jr., Ty Graves(Boston College), Diondre Overton, Zo Tyson(High Point) and Jalek Felton(UNC).

Team 2: Brandon Ingram(Duke), Harry Giles, Jeremy Harris, KJ Langley(Livingstone), Darius Moore(Presbyterian), Jalen Seegars, Jalen Harris, Jerome Robinson(Boston College), Xavier Hill-Mais(Oakland) & Sacha Killeya-Jones(UVA).

That should be some game. Hopefully, a good group of Deacons will represent and report back. Seems like a great cause as well!

Back