• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Not that I want to rehash this discussion, but the calculus in the small sample size of Wake Forest has shown a fair amount of low-rated booms and high-rated busts. It's not a way to build a program though.

In reference to the list above, I had no idea Walker and Woods were rated so far above Miles Plumlee. Notice how the NBA prospects thin out at around #25. 19 of the top 25 made it to the NBA, but only 6 players rated 26-50 made it and 12 players rated 51-100 made it including two prominent defending NBA champs.

(I included JaMychal Green as a non-NBA player because he doesn't have a link. He had a cup of coffee with the Spurs last season and is on the Griz roster now.)

This is cool:

Last edited:
Washington was starting to gain heavy interest from California, VCU, Texas Tech and Cincy. Thats solid. That doesnt worry me.
It wasn't heavy if none of them offered (except Cincy).

I'm always amused by the amount of focus given recruiting rankings. It seems to me the level of involvement of "quality" programs with a recruit says far more about the recruit than anything else, but even then there's a feedback loop that leads to a high correlation between HE programs and rankings. Has anyone ever done a statistical analysis recruit rankings versus real world performance? When you exclude the top 10 rated players, I wonder how effective rankings really are...

Let me guess you listened to that shit from [Redacted], wellman, braces and 81 during the last few years.

Notice what happened when all we brought in was low and un rated players?

It was not pretty.

Timmy barely broke a sweat compared to Dinos.

After watching Dinos play several games for Greece this summer I expect big improvement from him.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN
Duke putting together monster class. Jayson Tatum & Frank Jackson already in fold. In mix for Harry Giles, Marques Bolden, Wenyen Gabriel.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN
A couple years ago, John Calipari was easily most feared recruiter in country. Now Coach K has made it a tough question to answer

Coach K just changed his philosophy on 1 & dones, he's always been a monster recruiter.

Back