• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Harry Giles went out to dinner with my son's AAU team after they won a big tournament (in February). My son's team is full of bandwagon UNC basketball fans who are 11/12 years old. Those kids (minus my son) left that dinner saying they were 100% certain HG was going to UNC.

Every dook fan I know who knows anything about basketball recruiting says they are a lock for HG, that HG is good friends with Capel, etc...

I can tell you that (as of right now) HG isn't going to UNC. I can tell you that HG might have a good relationship with Capel, but I know that HG's relationship with the Childress FAMILY (read:not just Chill, but Je'Nai & both sons) trumps any connection he has with Capel or any dook assistant. I know that HG & family respect the hell out K and the dook program, but I also know that they have the same amount of respect for Danny Manning and his basketball career and how it closely parallels HG's. They also remember when Wake's basketball program was at the top (it wasn't that long ago).

I can also tell you that Cal & Kentucky are always in the picture and will play a factor in Harry's decision. I don't think he'll go there, but you can't ever count Cal out. They are a one-and-done factory.

Bottom line is Harry hasn't made a decision yet. If the kid was 100% certain where he wanted to go, he would have made that public, removed "decision pressure", and stayed at Wesleyan for his senior year (this comes from one of his coaches).

I really think Harry would like to stay in WS and play in front of his friends & family for a year before moving on to the NBA and being a 19 year-old millionaire in a strange city. However, he is going to choose the program that will best prepare him for the NBA (his dad has said this many times). I think the WF connection to Manning, Duncan, Paul, Howard, and Teague will play a huge factor in his decision, as will dook & Kentucky's successful programs.

This recruitment is a bunch of people who think they know where Harry is going, but in reality nobody prob knows anything since hes playin it close to the vest. Im ready for him to commit somewhere already.

This recruitment is a bunch of people who think they know where Harry is going, but in reality nobody prob knows anything since hes playin it close to the vest. Im ready for him to commit somewhere already.

That probably won't happen until November.

Where does hit and run fall on the list of what Wake will and won't tolerate from recruits?

AFA shot a woman with a BB gun. Craig Dawson shoplifted.

There's got to be some temptation to recruit Ekiyor and redshirt him to essentially be a big for the 2016 class.
Come on, AFA was just a passenger, not the shooter, and it was an airsoft gun! Doesn't even approach the villainy of the Kevin Swinton SNIPER scandal.

It's really interesting how quiet our 2016 recruiting is right now. You would think the staff would be making a lot of contingency offers if they felt like they were going to miss out on the big fish, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I suppose they could be working on international options and we're just not hearing about it.

Last edited:
Come on, AFA was just a passenger, not the shooter, and it was an airsoft gun! Doesn't even approach the villainy of the Kevin Swinton SNIPER scandal.

The only shots Swinton hit at Wake.

I'm telling you HG knows where he is going. I'm not saying it's Duke or Wake because as of today, I'm not 100% sure as I only give #scoops that are concrete. After discussing with those folks in the loop, I do have my gut feeling on where he lands. Rest assured, Hoopla is committed to give you the #scoopla and all the up-to-the-minute dish and as you all know, #ICantAndWillNotBeSilenced.

Here's a fun fact...confirmed that our very own Barry Faircloth is an observer and occasional poster on these very boards.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16 - Giles's OV (9/19) & Wake makes Bolden's top-7!...

Hey hoopla Whats your gut feeling to where he lands?

He only gives scoops that are 100% concrete, what's so hard to grasp about this?

2016 Buchanan (CA) F Donovan Mitchell has received an offer from Wake Forest. @Dono1421 verbalcommits.com/players/donovan-mitchell-ca

A gut feeling is not a scoop. Telling us he already knows where hes going is not a scoop. hoopla claims he has scoops but everytime he posts he gives us some bullcrap info that i can come up with. Saying well im not sure if its Duke or Wake is not scoop. Hey im hoopla and my scoop for the day is that Giles likes Danny Manning. Sorry to burst your bubble but any info youve given us is not earth shattering or some crazy scoop.

Back