• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

From a Kentucky article:

On Giles, a 6-10 forward from North Carolina: Meyer is picking Duke, and he seemed quite confident with that prediction. "Everything I'm hearing, yeah," he said of Duke. "I think if a team beats Duke, it's Kentucky. But I might say I would be shocked if it's not Duke."

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/10/13/4085627_next-cats-no-1-2016-point-guard.html?rh=1

Feel free to vent your hatred of Jerry Meyer. Just figured I'd post.

From a Kentucky article:

On Giles, a 6-10 forward from North Carolina: Meyer is picking Duke, and he seemed quite confident with that prediction. "Everything I'm hearing, yeah," he said of Duke. "I think if a team beats Duke, it's Kentucky. But I might say I would be shocked if it's not Duke."

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/10/13/4085627_next-cats-no-1-2016-point-guard.html?rh=1

Well, yeah. If Jerry Meyer only talks to people who are Duke people, then of course all you would hear is that he is Duke bound.

Let me make this clear...Harry likes Manning and trusts him. He likes the thought of doing big things at Wake much like what CP3 and TD did. However, he also understands that there is no guarantee that he will have the same team around him that CP and TD had, even though all we have heard about the previous 3 man class is that we have 3 POTENTIAL All-ACC players. Harry wants to win, and he would love to win at Wake. But it's going to come down to how much he trusts the Wake coaches that the players will be there to help him win vs the guarantee that he would win elsewhere at a school that is not his hometown team

From a Kentucky article:

We already knew Jerry Meyer believes Giles is going to Duke.

Its KVegas saying Wake against every damn body else saying Duke. Im goin with KVegas on this one. VIBES!!!

surprised no one has posted this yet:

Codi Miller-McIntyre ‏@CMM_OnTheRise 54m54 minutes ago
Positive Vibes Only.. Patience

#vibes

Nice. David lynch is in
_78051482_twitter_davidlynch.jpg

Codi Miller-McIntyre
‏@CMM_OnTheRise
Just a matter of time... Patience

On the other hand... is this code for Giles?

Katie Lembo
‏@katielembo415
The tallest kid in my class sits in front of me and I can't see Rachel and that bothers me

Him believing Kentucky was 2nd was the more "noteworthy" part to me.

I suppose, but if Meyer's info is wrong about Duke leading then who he has in second shouldn't be any more trustworthy.

The whole thing pretty much comes down to whether our "insiders" know something the rest of the basketball recruiting world does not. Some of things Giles has done suggests that they may, but we'll just have to wait and see what his decision actually is to know for sure. If Meyer and the rest prove to be wrong, we'll know how much stock to put into their opinions in the future.

Last edited:
Well, yeah. If Jerry Meyer only talks to people who are Duke people, then of course all you would hear is that he is Duke bound.

Let me make this clear...Harry likes Manning and trusts him. He likes the thought of doing big things at Wake much like what CP3 and TD did. However, he also understands that there is no guarantee that he will have the same team around him that CP and TD had, even though all we have heard about the previous 3 man class is that we have 3 POTENTIAL All-ACC players. Harry wants to win, and he would love to win at Wake. But it's going to come down to how much he trusts the Wake coaches that the players will be there to help him win vs the guarantee that he would win elsewhere at a school that is not his hometown team

I'm all aboard the 8 am train to #vibesville but if that was his only concern he would have committed long before the top players were going elsewhere in order to give manning a chance to use that for recruiting bait. I am sure that is a major factor just not the only one.

Back