• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Off topic is off topic, I either have to enforce that for everything or not at all. So just don't suggest that I'm just "giving up and abdicating my responsibilities" when you're just as guilty of engaging in non-recruiting talk on a recruiting thread.

That's bullshit. Talking about basketball on a recruiting thread is clearly not the same kind off-topic as a bunch of nonsensical back and forth between a bunch of moonz's idiotic parodies.

That's bullshit. Talking about basketball on a recruiting thread is clearly not the same kind off-topic as a bunch of nonsensical back and forth between a bunch of moonz's idiotic parodies.

you can easily ignore the parodies on this thread, but yeah, those were some pretty bad examples.

This whole FIASCO started with 0 posts by any of Moonz' parodies.

Just learn how to use Twitter, you will get real time breaking news before it's even in this thread. Cookout said to pm him and he will teach anyone how to use it just so you stop bitching. Free of charge to any and all olds.

Is it happening?

CsH2Hu.gif

you can easily ignore the parodies on this thread, but yeah, those were some pretty bad examples.

Not really, they were still off topic posts that add to the noise of the thread. I don't mind them at all, but you can't sit on a high horse asking for everything to be kept 100% on topic when you yourself have partaken in off topic discussions. And I'm not even sure wtf the toddler post was about, but that certainly wasn't about basketball I don't think.

Off topic is off topic, I either have to enforce that for everything or not at all. So just don't suggest that I'm just "giving up and abdicating my responsibilities" when you're just as guilty of engaging in non-recruiting talk on a recruiting thread.

Total bullshit and, again, you know it. Off topic discussions pop up on the recruiting thread from time to time - typically related to Wake basketball in some way - talking about current players, past recruiting, other schools, whatever. Someone brings it up, people respond, it goes on for a day or so and dies down. No big deal and no one really cares.

This recent crap is just random, unfunny junk taking up pages and pages and making the thread useless and unreadable. This board is designed to have a light hand when it comes to moderation - we all know that and are OK with it. The recent junk on here just seems like one of the rare cases where someone might want to put their foot down.

Total bullshit and, again, you know it. Off topic discussions pop up on the recruiting thread from time to time - typically related to Wake basketball in some way - talking about current players, past recruiting, other schools, whatever. Someone brings it up, people respond, it goes on for a day or so and dies down. No big deal and no one really cares.

This recent crap is just random, unfunny junk taking up pages and pages and making the thread useless and unreadable. This board is designed to have a light hand when it comes to moderation - we all know that and are OK with it. The recent junk on here just seems like one of the rare cases where someone might want to put their foot down.

"from time to time", lol. It's literally multiple times a week and for multiple pages in most cases. This thread turned into the general "talk about whatever aspect of Wake bball you want" a long time ago. And it's not a big deal because, guess what, the 2k16 class is pretty much over with and we're all just waiting on a Giles decision at this point which we know the damn timeline for.

Not really, they were still off topic posts that add to the noise of the thread. I don't mind them at all, but you can't sit on a high horse asking for everything to be kept 100% on topic when you yourself have partaken in off topic discussions. And I'm not even sure wtf the toddler post was about, but that certainly wasn't about basketball I don't think.

BTW, the toddler post was clearly meant for a different thread - duh! Grandpa must be trying to use the dang computer again!

End this parody madness!!!!!!!!!!

I come here to get #scoops

And to relieve myself of the seizures I get from reading the Hoos board

Funny guy! I'm old enough to know funny when I see it and to be impatient with bullshit. It would just be nice to keep this thread positive and at least tangentially related to recruiting. It clearly ain't easy! We have plenty of other thread for youthful shenanigans and general horseplay!

"bullshit," "shenanigans," and "horseplay"

i've hit OWG bingo

The path of the righteous poster is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish troll and the tyranny of evil parodies. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak olds through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his dwarf's keeper and the finder of lost face painters. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my dwarves. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my ban hammer upon you!

Back