• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

I'm still all-in on the vibes. I won't believe it until I see a hat-flip on ESPN.

It will prob get worse as he will toss the Wake & Kansas hats to the ground giving UK fans 10 secs of hope... While killing the myth that Wake can always claim to have been the runner up

Fair point. While I think the wide ranging criticism of Wellman is often laughable on this board, I do think naming [name redacted] an unforgivable error is a fair position. I don't often buy into the LOWF argument but not replacing him after that debacle does reek of desperation. Very few schools who value their major athletic programs would have stood for it.

Exactly. Wellman grossly mismanaged his primary asset after Skip's death then continued to make things worse. Wake may never make it back to being a perennial NCAA Tournament team in the current college hoops climate. It's hard not to see Wake hoops in a cycle of hoping underwhelming hires deliver overwhelming results then sticking with the hires after they don't.

The 2016 class was supposed to be the program-changing class. As it stands right now, on paper, it's approaching [name redacted]-level bad.

It's almost like giving the job to an inexperienced coach was an ultimate boom/bust move.

I'm still all-in on the vibes. I won't believe it until I see a hat-flip on ESPN.

No way! You are going to stay optimistic until shot at point blank range by the guy burning your flag to the ground? Novel approach.

Fair point. While I think the wide ranging criticism of Wellman is often laughable on this board, I do think naming [name redacted] an unforgivable error is a fair position. I don't often buy into the LOWF argument but not replacing him after that debacle does reek of desperation. Very few schools who value their major athletic programs would have stood for it.

Slowly creeping around to a sane viewpoint? Good for you!

The asshole defended him for 45 minutes when he let him go..3 years too late

Let him go? He orchestrated an entire charade that [Redacted]'s departure was a voluntary resignation. Coach Gaudio wasn't given the same courtesy.

Source can confirm, don't trust your ears until you can confirm with your eyes.

Therefore, #vibetrain along.

It's almost like giving the job to an inexperienced coach was an ultimate boom/bust move.

No way! You are going to stay optimistic until shot at point blank range by the guy burning your flag to the ground? Novel approach.

What was the other play? We were down to Manning.

I guess that's one way to look at the bright side here. At least we have been prominently mentioned with Giles. We were never mentioned as having a shot with Shaka Smart.

Giles and his camp may have kept us in the race for a while simply out of home town love/respect for Danny. Its been good for Wakes recruiting perception to have been publicly competing with Duke for the top recruit.

Reality though is no one outside this board perceived WF as competing for Giles. All the "experts" have said he was virtually a Duke lock for months. Wake is just like St Louis in the Tatum recriuitment.

Reality though is no one outside this board perceived WF as competing for Giles. All the "experts" have said he was virtually a Duke lock for months. Wake is just like St Louis in the Tatum recriuitment.

That's the story of Wake sports. We can keep saying TJDK, but they know.

Couldn't fall back asleep and decided to open this thread

FUCK

I feel like I might have some Giuseppe Rossi 2.0 responsibilities to start dealing with in a week or so

Deleted it. Not worth it.

People can continue to think we don't have sources, it's just patently false and a self-serving narrative. We try to keep journalistic integrity alive even though it's a blog. Just because we don't write it on here or there means we don't know anything.

By the way...he's not coming here.

You are such a fucking child. Would you like to know why people have ever given you or your work at BSD shit? Read this fucking post of yours.

Jesus Christ.

Fuck you.

And this is in no way a response to the news itself; if you had thought to pass the news along like TITSWF or Cumby did-- you know, like a goddamn functional adult-- the response would have been upset, but it wouldn't have been outright aggressive towards you. Hell, I often read and enjoy BSD, and I can't think of many reputable people ever questioning it over the years. I'm pretty sure I even submitted a question to your podcast last year?

Now? I hope every single one of your sources sees this and disavows you for being the childish amateur that you are.

Last edited:
Glad Smidge and Les are at least hearing something different, and that KVegas still hasn't posted anything damning. The #VIBES train has taken us this far, don't see a compelling reason to let the irrational hope stop now.

We have 9 days. Danny, get it fucking done.

Giles and his camp may have kept us in the race for a while simply out of home town love/respect for Danny. Its been good for Wakes recruiting perception to have been publicly competing with Duke for the top recruit.

I don't understand this logic at all.

So since we aren't getting Giles why did we stop pursuing Froling? Seems like a giant misstep to me

You are such a fucking child. Would you like to know why people have ever given you or BSD shit? Read this fucking post of yours.

Jesus Christ.

Fuck you.

And this is in no way a response to the news itself; if you had thought to pass the news along like TITSWF or Cumby did-- you know, like a goddamn functional adult-- the response would have been upset, but it wouldn't have been outright aggressive towards you. Hell, I often read and enjoy BSD, and I can't think of many reputable people ever questioning it over the years. I'm pretty sure I even submitted a question to your podcast last year?

Now? I hope every single one of your sources sees this and disavows you for being the childish amateur that you are.

He's not an amateur. He just does this part time. After he finishes his snack when he gets home from school. Ants on a log is not amateur. It's a legit healthy snack with a whimsical name.

By the way...Kid President has AIDS.

so my take, FWIW. No one still really has any idea what Giles is going to do....the BSD guys are hearing one thing...others hearing the opposite. I would find it odd that Harry is going to announce on either the 12th or the 14th yet suddenly give Wake staffers a courtesy heads up after being so closed about his recruitment all along. The only reason to tip your hand now is if you want to be hard sold for the next week.

From the perspective of someone in sales...no one lets me know they are going to a competitor a week before signing the contract, unless they are just looking for me to sweeten their offer. It just would be very odd for Giles camp to tell some one it's over with a week left....very odd

And if he is going to Duke....why does that have to mean he was stringing Wake along ? Am i the only one who thinks that he has legitimately given Wake a chance to recruit him, just as he has Duke ? One of us is going to lose the battle... hate to be an internet board buzzkill, but someone not winning the recruitment doesn't mean someone screwed up ro that the recruit was stringing people along.

Last edited:
Back