• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Well it depends on what type of lineup we are trying to play.

Collins and Woods both need to beat out Mitch and Dinos imo if we are going to be successful.

You can watch high school video of Wilbekin and Woods and quickly realize that Woods is a better player overall. Wilbekin's highlight videos show him handling the ball and pulling up for 3-point shots. Basically who he is. Woods is bigger and more versatile.

You can watch high school video of Wilbekin and Woods and quickly realize that Woods is a better player overall. Wilbekin's highlight videos show him handling the ball and pulling up for 3-point shots. Basically who he is. Woods is bigger and more versatile.

I agree with this.

Perhaps this should be relegated to another thread...but how the hell has Manning shown the ability to develop talent as an HC? I saw some improvement in Thomas this year, but otherwise, zero player improvement from year one to year two.

Not zero, negative.

Despite Manning's unwillingness to play him (and Moore's lack of stamina), Moore was clearly a better player in February and March than he was in November. Not going to criticize him over the lack of development of two marginal players, that were signed at the last minute in 2014.

Wasn't Childress the coach that was going to get CMM playing at a high level? How did that work out? Love him as a player, still question him as a coach. Haven't seen much improvement in Crawford either.... Good thing he is a stud recruiter.

Wasn't Childress the coach that was going to get CMM playing at a high level? How did that work out? Love him as a player, still question him as a coach. Haven't seen much improvement in Crawford either.... Good thing he is a stud recruiter.

I mean CMM played at a fairly high level last year.

Rondale showed as much improvement as anyone last year.

Crawford made the ACC All Freshmen Team. Not sure what more you can expect Childress to get out of a Top 75 recruit in his freshman year.

I don't know how he could mean 8-10 ACC games. That team is no better than the team we had that won 2 ACC games this year.

I think we're substantially better next year. Something like 15 overall. Having the incremental gain of Crawford/Collins/Moore becoming sophomores more than offsets losing Devin and CMM. Throw in Woods, a small bounce-back from Dinos and one other surprise piece (a freshman or grad transfer), and I think we're okay.

Rondale showed as much improvement as anyone last year.

Can we put this myth to bed already? Rondale was awful. Of our non-walkons, he was better than only Wilbekin and Hudson in FG%, and better than only Hudson in 3PT%. He was the worst player on the team in FT%. He was last in AVG rebounds. All of this was accomplished on one of the worst P5 teams in the nation.

He improved from really awful to a little less awful and Wake fans jumped all over it just like many did for [Redacted]'s teams' improvement from year to year.

It's often easiest to make big leaps when you're starting from such a low place, but neither Rondale, nor Wake Forest have been able to do that.

I don't know how he could mean 8-10 ACC games. That team is no better than the team we had that won 2 ACC games this year.

If we add a guy who averaged 19 points per game (albeit in a shorter season due to his injury), and get sizable improvement from the three freshmen (which should happen naturally :pray:) then I think there is room for sizable improvement. Of course I'm just throwing numbers out there because I have no idea what our team or the rest of the ACC will look like after transfers/everything else.

2 wins was "unlucky" for Wake in the ACC, as it should have been 4-5. When you add in what I just mentioned I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a good jump from this year.

If we add a guy who averaged 19 points per game (albeit in a shorter season due to his injury), and get sizable improvement from the three freshmen (which should happen naturally :pray:) then I think there is room for sizable improvement. Of course I'm just throwing numbers out there because I have no idea what our team or the rest of the ACC will look like after transfers/everything else.

2 wins was "unlucky" for Wake in the ACC, as it should have been 4-5. When you add in what I just mentioned I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a good jump from this year.

No such thing as luck.... We just weren't clutch

You you're saying we should double what our highest possible conference win total from what this season MIGHT have been, because the frosh are going to get better and we're adding a 4-Star recruit who wound up playing CUSA his freshman year, while losing 60 minutes from seniors?

We'll probably win more than two games, but no way we win 10.

Coach K said on Saturday that his freshmen weren't freshmen anymore. When you saw our freshmen at the end of this season, I think you're pretty much looking at what we've got.

Coach K said on Saturday that his freshmen weren't freshmen anymore. When you saw our freshmen at the end of this season, I think you're pretty much looking at what we've got.

Well I vastly disagree with that. The summer between freshmen and sophomore year is usually the biggest growth for most players. I'll try to find the article that indicates that from a couple of years ago.

I agree that 10 is a reach, especially at the point where we don't know who is going to be on our team, but I don't think it's unreasonable to say that we should try to get to somewhere around .500 next year. I think there is going to be a lot of addition by subtraction.

We should definitely try. I definitely agree with that.

And Woods, Collins, Crawford, and Moore are all supposedly making that sophomore jump. I just don't think Crawford is going to score 22 and hand out 9 assists every night, which is basically what we need. And projecting Woods history of lighting up College of Charleston for 13 points into a solid ACC 2-guard as a redshirt sophomore is wishful thinking imo. We still suck at the 2, suck at the 3, and are only serviceable on the blocks.

If all the stars align correctly for next season, then Wake could realistically hope to double their wins in the ACC next year.

Back