• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Do we need another PG?

Crawford would be a junior before he's eligible. I wouldn't turn away a player with talent at any position right now especially one that rightfully should have a chip on his shoulder when it comes to Duke.

He won't end up here though.

Why is he leaving Duke? Playing time?

According to Thornton's uncle, he's been pushed out to make room for a new recruit and the uncle is pissed. Lots of twitter ranting calling K a liar saying that they begged Derryck to reclassify and then pushed him out. Remember, if Derryck hadn't reclassified, Duke would not have had a true PG on the 15-16 roster.

Crawford would be a junior before he's eligible. I wouldn't turn away a player with talent at any position right now especially one that rightfully should have a chip on his shoulder when it comes to Duke.

He won't end up here though.

'A native of Chatsworth, Calif., Thornton said in the release he wants to play closer to home.'

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/duke/article71037937.html#storylink=cpy

Winston Salem is definitely closer to CA than Durham :)

Thanks for the update, but this is a Wake recruiting thread and that guy's not a Power 5 recruit by any stretch of imagination.

there was talk of people wanting him to come on as a walk on so thats why i posted it

Jalen Smith '18 has Villanova, Maryland, Miami, USC, Marquette offers & Kentucky, Arizona, & Wake Forest interest.

Last edited:
According to Thornton's uncle, he's been pushed out to make room for a new recruit and the uncle is pissed. Lots of twitter ranting calling K a liar saying that they begged Derryck to reclassify and then pushed him out. Remember, if Derryck hadn't reclassified, Duke would not have had a true PG on the 15-16 roster.

I guess this means they're getting Bolden. Crap.

Back