• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Still think people tend to undervalue Woods, but hopefully that'll become more clear in about two months. If he's our 3rd best player this season like I hope he will be, it would be a good competition for PT in 2017

If we get Randolph, I think Woods will be a really good 6th man. Lil Chill will be a solids back-up to Bryant and a good leader. Melo, Donovan and Wash can play multiple positions. Add to that two beasts in the middle.

Although I'd love to have him back, I'll be surprised if Dinos returns for his senior year. It's not likely that he'll be drafted in the NBA, and it's probable that he has 2-5 year deal waiting for him in Greece. For the next 10-15 years, Dinos is going to be a pro player in Greece/Europe. He doesn't really need to come back for a degree. Or after three years and all that summer school, he could graduate.

Fucking Facepalm. Have you watched us play bball the last 6 years? The real limitation of them NOT playing together is us then having to utilize the rest of the 3star corndoggs that make up the rest of our roster.

You make a good point. Let's upgrade the talent first and then worry about about how well they play together.

For those of you keeping score at home - and I have been as I am a "stats guy:"

The shitting on RJ Meme has grown stale.

Suggestion: keep it to yourself. We've read them all now. Over and over. Everyone has a right to post and post in their own language. They then open themselves up to ridicule and everything that comes with that. But at some point, it's all there.

Nobody is walking by Charles Manson's cell 5x a day and yelling MURDERER at him. If someone were to do that, they'd be wasting their own breath. I think Manson fully absorbed that feedback circa 1978. Ditto for Son of Sam. So why do you need to yell at RJ over and over? Your wasting your own time and a little bit of mine.

agree

a bench of Wilbekin, Woods, Childress, Washington, Melo, Mitchell, Dinos, SJM is probably on par with several starting lineups we've had in recent years

If Randolph commits as well, I would imagine that one or two of DickWash, LeggoMyEggo, and Mitchell would go the SoCon route.

If we get Randolph, I think Woods will be a really good 6th man. Lil Chill will be a solids back-up to Bryant and a good leader. Melo, Donovan and Wash can play multiple positions. Add to that two beasts in the middle.

Although I'd love to have him back, I'll be surprised if Dinos returns for his senior year. It's not likely that he'll be drafted in the NBA, and it's probable that he has 2-5 year deal waiting for him in Greece. For the next 10-15 years, Dinos is going to be a pro player in Greece/Europe. He doesn't really need to come back for a degree. Or after three years and all that summer school, he could graduate.

RJ - here is the flip side to that - Dinos loves Wake, the Greek Community has embraced him and he has a very serious GF at Wake that is the same year as Dinos. With those factors being considered, I do not think he leaves Wake before he graduates

People underrate where Dino fits into the next two years. He's clearly a starter going forward unless Manning has a major change of hard about playing Collins and Moore together or Mitchell or Melo are a revelation at the stretch 4.

Dinos will be much better this year than last in my opinion. He was playing through a shoulder injury last year that messed up his shot. We will have shooters this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJ - here is the flip side to that - Dinos loves Wake, the Greek Community has embraced him and he has a very serious GF at Wake that is the same year as Dinos. With those factors being considered, I do not think he leaves Wake before he graduates

That could be valid as well. But they could get married with his big paycheck. :)

The thing is you only have so many years to play pro basketball.

RE: Charlotte- You are absolutely correct. His shoulder injury had a big impact. Given that we'd have two bigs to help if an opponent beats him off the dribble, I wouldn't mind playing Dinos 5-10 mpg at SF. Basically every shot he would get would be open. The combination of his size and shot shape makes a 6'5-6'8 covering him of little consequence on threes.

Back