• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Kid is going to be a very good player. Would have loved to have him. He made the wrong choice, but I am sure he will have a great career. On to the next target. Love our class for '18. The one good thing this does is really open up our '19 for a STUD point guard. I think that Crawford being a junior probably hurt us pretty good with Ayo. I know a lot of people think Crawford will go pro after this year, but if for some reason (there are a lot of potential reasons) he sticks for his senior year, Ayo would not have been the primary ball handler. He certainly would have played a ton, but you aren't going to unseat a senior Crawford with any freshman. Would have loved to see Ayo team up with Mucius, Hoard, and Sharone Wright. I still don't think we need to reach for a PG next year. I feel very good with Childress getting a massive workload, and Keyshawn as the backup ball handler. Have Wright mix in a few minutes bringing it up the court as well. I guess we will see if we make a strong push for Drinnon.

That's classy. Its a 17 year old kid who made a tough decision and chose to stay at home. Wish him luck and move on

he wouldnt even be gaurunteed a starting spot on wakes squad...probably a big reason as well. bryant has somethint about him that screams wanting to be a legacy wake pg staying all 4 years.

I've been following this thing as a fan, but watching that stream, I just felt like a dad. It was cute, what any good natured 17 year old would do. I hope he has a good time in college.

It must be weird to be a college coach and have your career depend on these kinds of things.

This. I'm happy for him. He wants to stay home and build a legacy.

also - at least none of us have to live in the middle of Illinois!

The terrible theatricality of these amateur announcements really is cringe inducing. But I’m sure he and his friends had a good time so that’s what counts. Go forth and prosper. We have an NCAA tournament run to prepare for.

Oh it was a given.

If Crawford leaves early, yes. Otherwise, we would be looking at Crawford, Brown, Hoard, and Mucius for the guards plus wings. Maybe he cracks that bunch but it wouldn’t be the upset of the century of Mucius was deemed a better fit for the starting lineup.

This. I'm happy for him. He wants to stay home and build a legacy.
I respect him for that. That's the very same prospect that Giles faced and he turned his back like a coward. Good for Ayo.

Illinois sucks though. So that's too bad.

It's kind of surreal that a top 25 recruit has that type of drama for two programs there are not top 25 programs. We obviously have some history and Illinois is a wasteland, but more of what you would expect for a Duke Kentucky hat flip.

69. Ask your mom. She's got one.

Wow, rapier wit here. Regardless, I like what I've read from a lot of UI fans on their boards. I'm sorry you have fans like this guy representing your program on this board.

I wonder if the fact that Illinois arranged the commitment party will be brought in front of the grand jury when Underwood is indicted next year.

Or if Ayo decommits when the indictments start rolling out before he matriculates

Back