• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

If Ayo had waited until Spring, we would have had a better chance. By then, we'd know if Bryant is returning. Ayo wants to be one and done. You don't usually do that off the bench anywhere other than KY. If Bryant decided to return, Ayo would not have started at PG over a healthy Bryant. Maybe Ayo could have given Chaundee a battle for SG, but it wouldn't be a sure thing.

A lot of it is about guaranteed PT. There was more at IL.

We should see if Leque can reclassify.

Is he sure he's got a lot of guaranteed PT with Mark DA GOD Smith?

1. Would much rather see us go after a grad transfer point guard than a 2018 prospect who isn't that great.

2. Love to see that Jaylen Hoard congratulated him on his commitment. Hoard is an awesome player and a great kid.

No sour grapes here, good luck to the kid, unfortunately he's gonna need it at Illinois. This decision was driven by his Dad's friendship with Coleman from the beginning unto the end we just watched (well some did, I didn't). From people in the know, barring injury or something else catastrophic, Crawford will be gone after next season and I think he will have a great year and be a late first or very early 2nd round choice. We are in good shape with Harris and a few other PG's for 2019 but we need a PG, or at least a combo guard, for 2018 and I think the staff will act accordingly. As mentioned earlier, I think we go for traction now with Herro and Lewis and perhaps others if we wait until Spring. Good effort in a predestined losing effort for Ayo, we did make it a little harder for Illinois on what most felt was a slam dunk for them from the beginning.

If Ayo had waited until Spring, we would have had a better chance. By then, we'd know if Bryant is returning. Ayo wants to be one and done. You don't usually do that off the bench anywhere other than KY. If Bryant decided to return, Ayo would not have started at PG over a healthy Bryant. Maybe Ayo could have given Chaundee a battle for SG, but it wouldn't be a sure thing.

A lot of it is about guaranteed PT. There was more at IL.

We should see if Leque can reclassify.
At this point, I think Ayo made it pretty clear that he was almost certainly choosing IL no matter what. I don't think WF would stand much more of a chance then than they did now.

Don’t really care to do a post-mortem.

We took a swing and missed. On to the next one.

How good is Jamie Lewis? The decommitment from NC State is pretty weird.

I kind of like the grad transfer and then 2019 recruit scenario.

You’d think that there would be a lot of interest in being handed the keys if Crawford leaves after this season.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- 2018 5-star PG Ayo Dosunmu deciding on 10/19 @ 7! VIBES

In case folks forgot, we were in the final 4 for Jamie Lewis with NCSU, GT and Baylor. Decommitted from NCSU because he wanted to be a pure PG rather than a combo guard (?). GT is set with Devoe so assume they're out. Seems like we could use a pure PG and don't need a combo guard, and while he's pretty solidly ranked (4*, top 150), wouldn't think he's so highly ranked that he would scare off a big time 2019 PG. I dunno. I'm not really a recruiting guy, so looking for insight from folks who may know the situation.

I kind of like the grad transfer and then 2019 recruit scenario.

You’d think that there would be a lot of interest in being handed the keys if Crawford leaves after this season.

I'd prefer that too. I think Childress will be the clear favorite though. I think we'll just be looking at a true PG for depth.

Word is Ayo was afraid to go too far from home for college. He's also scared of the academics at Wake.

In case folks forgot, we were in the final 4 for Jamie Lewis with NCSU, GT and Baylor. Decommitted from NCSU because he wanted to be a pure PG rather than a combo guard (?). GT is set with Devoe so assume they're out. Seems like we could use a pure PG and don't need a combo guard, and while he's pretty solidly ranked (4*, top 150), wouldn't think he's so highly ranked that he would scare off a big time 2019 PG. I dunno. I'm not really a recruiting guy, so looking for insight from folks who may know the situation.

Works for me. Of those four, Baylor sticks out like a sore thumb. Is he from TX? Or have a relative play there? If not, and with GT and State out, one would think a push from Manning would get it done.

I'd prefer that too. I think Childress will be the clear favorite though. I think we'll just be looking at a true PG for depth.

Agreed. As for Lewis, he visited us just before going to visit State and they offered but we didn't thern so he commited to them. I think the parting of ways was pretty much mutual after State got Braxton Beverly from OSU (who has since ridiculously been declared ineligible by the wonderfully consistent NCAA)

Last edited:
Back