• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Not if there is already an agreement that he will get a scholarship after he redshirts.

Wrangor, have you seen any recent tape on Okeke? The most recent I've seen is a short clip from July. Whether he redshirts or not, we know not to expect much until at least his second year in the program. He has the raw potential to be an ACC contributor.

Yeah but are we really going to commit to tie up a scholarship on a guy who likely won't contribute a whole lot, right when we are getting some momentum back? I'm cool with giving him one if one comes available by transfer or early exit and he has earned it, but committing to give him one in advance just makes him a really, really bad recruit.

It's far less common with basketball.

Buttermaker...some friends of ours (yours and mine) ran into the team Friday night at the Kimpton. Actually shot a few hoops with Collins and Doral!

The Kimpton is a great place for the team to stay. Bball, bowling, pool, etc in the basement, the deck on a nice night, and interesting people walking around. I'm sure the residents love seeing the players.

Just had a thought regarding Okeke. My guess is that Danny has been wanting this addition for a while, and it might explain some of the minutes for TVH. Anyway, it is pretty amazing to get a kid Okeke's size to commit to be a walk on when he could definitely earn a scholly somewhere else. I love the mindset and hope he becomes a great player for us. When you are having young men choose to pay for an education at Wake Forest in order to play for you, then something is going right.

Attends the same prep school - Green Farms Academy - that Duke's Sean Obi attended.

^^^ Sean Obi. Yet another big man that Duke ruined.

I can't stress enough the unique importance of this fact: White House Clown Stephen Miller, whom Joe Scarborough spent 15 minutes this morning reaming, is a Duke grad.

This has to help with recruiting amiright? Duke's assclowns are way bigger assclowns than Wake's assclowns.

Some one should send me out to talk to these kids and their mothers as I think I have my finger on the pulse here.

Is there any sense of timeline on Sarr's decision?

(Edited for correct spelling)

Last edited:
Is there any sense of timeline on Starr's decision?

i would be very surprised if there was any significant indication of a choice before the end of his 4 school tour. Why would he cut short his tour of the USA?

Sarr is at UCF today and Vandy Thursday. So we should get a decision by next Wednesday assuming he goes home and thinks about it for a few days.

Time for Bud to go out of town at the end of next week !

Let's all get Bud a plane ticket !

Where would Saar rank if he was included in the ranking for the HS class of 2017 (or if he is included where does he rank)? Is he top 100? Top 50?

Where would Saar rank if he was included in the ranking for the HS class of 2017 (or if he is included where does he rank)? Is he top 100? Top 50?

Someone said he'd be a 4*. That would be Top 100.

definitely at least top 100 based on the glowing reports i read from Scout and DX from his minimal play in FIBA u17s.

Scout lists him as a four star recruit. I think he would probably fall somewhere in the Top 50-100 range.

Back