• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

A poster on a cal message board said yesterday that a decision between Cal and Vandy could come as soon as yesterday and likely this week. He posted today that it could take a week or two longer. Link

Most likely full of shit but who knows. Cal's rivals board has a post about liking their chances but I don't have premium so I can't access it.

"It's between us and Vandy, could happen today. But maybe tomorrow. Maybe within the next week. You never know though, so maybe two or three weeks from now. Actually, just sometime in the next couple years."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Word is its Cal. Also heard Collins aint goin pro unless hes in the lottery.

Word is its Cal. Also heard Collins aint goin pro unless hes in the lottery.

If this is the case the following players are basically locks for the lottery according to the different mock draft sites:

Fultz
Ball
D. Smith
Jackson
Tatum
Isaac
Monk
Markkenan
Ntilinka
Fox

That's 10 players that are at the top of almost all the sites.

For the next 4 spots:

Bridges
JC
Rabb
Leaf
Williams, TX A&M
Patton, Creighton
Hartenstein, Intl
Giles
Bam
Justin Jackson (I think he's rising fast)
Swannigan (see Jackson)

I think a likely landing spot could be Miami either just inside the lottery or just outside it. They need a PF.

If the "lottery" is a determining factor, will he go if it's #15-18 rather than #14?

Unless we make a long run in The Dance, i don't see JC cracking the Top 10. Even then it would be tough this year.

If this is the case the following players are basically locks for the lottery according to the different mock draft sites:

Fultz
Ball
D. Smith
Jackson
Tatum
Isaac
Monk
Markkenan
Ntilinka
Fox

That's 10 players that are at the top of almost all the sites.

For the next 4 spots:

Bridges
JC
Rabb
Leaf
Williams, TX A&M
Patton, Creighton
Hartenstein, Intl
Giles
Bam
Justin Jackson (I think he's rising fast)
Swannigan (see Jackson)

I think a likely landing spot could be Miami either just inside the lottery or just outside it. They need a PF.

If the "lottery" is a determining factor, will he go if it's #15-18 rather than #14?

Unless we make a long run in The Dance, i don't see JC cracking the Top 10. Even then it would be tough this year.

There's a long time between now and June. Slow your roll.

As for Collins, one site noticed his two worst games by far were against schools with legit NBA size in the front court: UNC & FSU.

He's having a phenomenal year, but he is a tree among bushes against most NCAA teams. Still a distance away from being elite IMHO.

As for Collins, one site noticed his two worst games by far were against schools with legit NBA size in the front court: UNC & FSU.

He's having a phenomenal year, but he is a tree among bushes against most NCAA teams. Still a distance away from being elite IMHO.

Nonsense. He is absolutely an elite college big man.

He is not, and probably never will be, an elite NBA big man.

No kidding. When he played bigger players, his numbers went down?

Also keep in mind that was earlier in the year. He's improved a bunch since then.

JC is a good player. Let's not knock him in order to try and justify him staying. He is a baller. Let that be.

No kidding. When he played bigger players, his numbers went down?

Also keep in mind that was earlier in the year. He's improved a bunch since then.

JC is a good player. Let's not knock him in order to try and justify him staying. He is a baller. Let that be.

Collins really had the light come on slightly past the midpoint of this season. He has been scoring almost at will these last 10 games. It would be interesting to see if he plays better if he gets round 2 with either of those teams in the ACC tournament or the NCAA tournament.

Part of Collins' improvement was not only his ability to stay on the court and stay out of foul trouble but I also think our guys finally bought into the idea of getting him the ball and running the offense through him. He still doesn't pass out of the block all that much but since he scores pretty much at will, that's not the worst thing in the world. He will need to improve on that moving forward though.

I wonder what Tevin Mack did to get kicked off the team at Texas. He was averaging 14.8/4.8 and shooting 39.1% from three.

Last edited:
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻| _
┻┳| •.•) I thought this thread
┳┻|⊂ノ was about recruiting
┻┳|

Tevin Mack has been released by Texas. He's from SC. Wake recruited him coming out of HS. He's a 6'7 SG/SF which is our weakest position. If what he did wasn't that bad, he could be playing for us next year just after the ACC season starts.

Of course, if it's something bad, we don't need the headaches.

Last edited:
I just wanna be home DJ 〽️it©he‼️ (@DonovanWF2)

Will be shocked if Mitchell doesn't transfer. Weird day to want to be home.

Manning should bench him tonight for his lack of school spirit

Can the other Donovan Mitchell go home before tonight, too?

Back