• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

I still think Whitman would have been our best option.

I'm not a fan of Donnal out of Michigan. Alstork could fit in at the 2 if Woods goes to the bench as a 6th man.

If we don't add anybody else it will be really interesting who gets the final scholarship: Okeke, or a walk-on who has been here a couple of years.

I still think Whitman would have been our best option.

I'm not a fan of Donnal out of Michigan. Alstork could fit in at the 2 if Woods goes to the bench as a 6th man.

If we don't add anybody else it will be really interesting who gets the final scholarship: Okeke, or a walk-on who has been here a couple of years.

I too think Whitman would be the second best fit for Wake, behind the forward who is deciding between NBA (possibly playing overseas) and going to a new college. Wake needs another body who has proven he can play the 4/5 at NCAA high major level.

Right now Dinos is the only player Wake has with a track record of doing that for major minutes per game. The other bigs who were at Wake last season showed flashes of capability, but not sustainability in that role.

The newcomer is just that, a newcomer. He has very good pedigree, but has not yet played against NCAA high major opponents. International age group BB gives some indication that he could do that, but there is no track record as of yet.

The two possible grad transfer bigs are the options with the most certainty of "high floor."

The underclassmen currently at Wake have a much, much higher ceiling potential, but they may not be close to their ceilings this season. Maybe one or more blossoms this year, like Collins did last year. Maybe they need another year after this to be able to contribute major minutes of effective play.

Thus the need for a 4/5 grad transfer who is capable of being a low blocks banger.

Although Yurtseven and Sarr are very different types of players, I think Yurtseven can serve as a reasonable example of high level international players who can struggle during their freshman year.

It will be interesting to see how Sarr stacks up at the end of the year.

I really think SJM will be much better than Sarr this year. He showed a ton of progress toward the end of the year and has gotten stronger. Sarr willl likely be a year from contributing anything other than rim protection. Either way, Our offense will likely have to change drastically.

I love the idea of having SJM start next year. From the limited minutes he had last year he looked like he wasn't physically ready. Toward the end of the year his defense was great (think louisville). Also, he sets some of the hardest screens I've ever seen. A high screen game with him and Dinos could be something serious (the guard will probably score more often in the high screen game than last year when we dished it off to Collins nearly every time but it will still likely be very effective).

I really think SJM will be much better than Sarr this year. He showed a ton of progress toward the end of the year and has gotten stronger. Sarr willl likely be a year from contributing anything other than rim protection. Either way, Our offense will likely have to change drastically.

I love the idea of having SJM start next year. From the limited minutes he had last year he looked like he wasn't physically ready. Toward the end of the year his defense was great (think louisville). Also, he sets some of the hardest screens I've ever seen. A high screen game with him and Dinos could be something serious (the guard will probably score more often in the high screen game than last year when we dished it off to Collins nearly every time but it will still likely be very effective).

I think fatigue was a big deal with him last year, even in limited minutes.

Count me in on the SJM being a good player next year for us.

Interesting. He reclassified from 2018. His 2018 profile has him as a skinny 6-1 kid from the Bronx. More recent profiles and highlights show an athletic 6-3 kid.

http://www.nextuprecruits.com/news_article/show/784454?referrer_id=1943996

Jalen Lecque – 2019 PG – Christ School (NC) – Southern Stampede 17U
A player not known by many heading into the weekend, Jalen left known by almost everyone. Averaging a smooth 20.8 points per game, we didn’t see a player who got buckets more effortlessly all weekend. He can take defenders off the bounce and finish at the rim, or can go to work in the post where he’s got a smooth turnaround jumper. Look for him to shoot up the national rankings by the time the summer rolls around.

I think fatigue was a big deal with him last year, even in limited minutes.

Count me in on the SJM being a good player next year for us.
I agree. SJM seems like the best chance at a good post person next season. If he only were to provide solid D, screens, rebounds, and occasional putbacks, that'd be amazing. Let the guards and wings try to account for the loss of Collins on offense.

The way that we get it done next year will be totally different than how we got it done this year, but I think we have a damn good chance to at least match where we were last year, even with the loss of Collins.

Obviously we need a 5 to develop, but we don't need Collins-esque production from any of them. Just solid defense, rebounding, and intelligent play.

The 1-4 should score enough to get it done for us if we can have an uptick in interior defense.

Remember that at this time last year no one was predicting the meteoric development of JC. If, indeed, DM can develop big men, I am hoping for significant improvement of our bigs next year.

Back