• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Do we know where Wright will play his senior season yet? I know he announced he was leaving West Florence but I've not seen a destination.
Not yet. He's likely down to a few choices by now but is still working out the details on where he's going to end up next season but it is probably going to be a prep school for the added competition and training.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up playing in or around the Triad or Charlotte with all the highly ranked prep schools in those areas. Or possibly Porter Gaud in Charleston as well.

It's like 2 hours to Charleston, 2 hours to Raleigh, 2.5 to Greenville/Spartanburg, and 2.5 to the Triad from Florence. Or there's also the schools in Florence but I'm not aware of any of those that play elevated competition versus West Florence.

Last edited:
Seems like everyone here is assuming that Bryant Crawford is going to the League after next season. While possible (and would likely mean that he killed it next year which would be great), think that it's very likely BC will be back for the 2018-9 season.

Seems like everyone here is assuming that Bryant Crawford is going to the League after next season. While possible (and would likely mean that he killed it next year which would be great), think that it's very likely BC will be back for the 2018-9 season.

Even if he stays, at 6'5" - 6'8", Wright could play a number of positions, and still allow us to go after a top 2019 PG.

That would make for interesting rotation possibilities, and very, very interesting practices.

Not sure I see a reason Chill and Wright can't be on the floor at the same time alternating PG and SG, or even Wright as a SF. With BC, Chill is backup PG and plays SG next to BC a lot, too. I suspect with a year under his belt and some added strength, the game will slow down for Chill and he'll be a lot more consistent with his scoring, and he can easily be a great SG. Love guards that can do both. I just don't see Wright as a threat to Chill's PT. You need good players around you and boht apparently can do different things and don't have to be PG all the time.

I think Crawford peaks as a late 1st projection. He will leave after a strong season knowing there isn't much he can do to boost his stock.

What has Manning done to secure a replacement for Chaundee when he leaves ? This is an indictment of Manning's credibility.

Chaundee's still coming? Could have sworn he was hanging out with Collins at the combine.

What has Manning done to secure a replacement for Chaundee when he leaves ? This is an indictment of Manning's credibility.

Sharone Wright, Jr just gonna grow some more, develop a deadly three point shot, turn into a lock down wing defender, and boom, problem solved.

Chaundee's still coming? Could have sworn he was hanging out with Collins at the combine.

Gotta do that one year to be a "one and done" Chaundee just getting tips on how to do the two year "one and done" program.

Whoa, great news. Not that it's relevant, I really liked his dad's game back in ye olden days, but clearly Junior's game is completely dissimilar. Welcome Sharone!

A backcourt of Bryant Crawford, Keyshawn Woods, Brandon Childress, Chaundeee Brown, and Sharone Wright is exciting. Even if Crawford has moved on to the NBA by that year, still a lot about that to be positive about.

I love this pickup. Really excited to see more of him and see what sort of player he can be for us. We have to start finding post players that can score.

Earvin Murray is now a banker with Suntrust in Wilmington. Very nice guy

This is the kind of educational opportunity that is difficult for a 17 year old high school athlete to understand. The way Danny is designing our program is almost the best of Odom and Skip. He is recruiting similar to Skip (at least he has started to now that the stink of [name redacted] has worn off, but he is really running his program closer to what Odom would have done. I think that is probably a lot of the influence of Chill on the staff. I must say, I was a skeptic that Randolph was a good hire. Being a great player doesn't always work out as a coach, but he has absolutely destroyed the recruiting trail in conjunction with Manning. They are a great team, and I hope we have them both for a long time.

Last edited:
6'6 pg that can shoot it and good handles, also we beat out both Clemson and USC. Awesome get for our staff!!

Maybe so, although I question how laudable it is when we're rejoicing about a recruiting win over those two programs. OTOH, they were both in-state powers in his home state I guess.

Maybe so, although I question how laudable it is when we're rejoicing about a recruiting win over those two programs. OTOH, they were both in-state powers in his home state I guess.

It was against the school where his dad is a member of the hall of fame and a school that just made the final four, both in state. It's a good win.

Gotta do that one year to be a "one and done" Chaundee just getting tips on how to do the two year "one and done" program.

You didn't get his sarcasm. There is no guarantee that Chaundee is even a 4 and done player at this point. We are getting a bit ahead of ourselves even projecting Crawford leaving next year. Collins was a complete long shot and while he made it, there are hundreds of similarly profiled college basketball players that will be playing in Europe instead of the league.

Back