• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Ayo would be our first Chicago Public League player...ever? We did recruit Patrick Beverley, but that was during the "Dino culture" time frame. Ton of talent in CPS.

I'd be pretty cised if we got a Chicago kid.

There were questions about academics regarding Beverly.

After watching the tapes, I don't really think Drinnon is better than Brandon. He's small and skinny.

BUT RECRUITS READ THE BOARDS!!!!

Maybe he's better than the two tapes. I'll support him if we take him, but yesterday's news looks we have a shot with a Top 30-40 player at the same position.

Maybe he's better than the two tapes. I'll support him if we take him, but yesterday's news looks we have a shot with a Top 30-40 player at the same position.

I think people are looking wayyy to into offering a Top 50 player this late in the cycle as as "Mutual significant interest." We did the same with guys like Kam McGusty and Rawle Atkins in 2015. Both Top 40 guys who we had virtually no connection to prior to the offer and never even got on a final list. Sometimes coaches just take longshots and hope something hits

I'm also not sure what about those tapes doesn't look good to you. His stats on the Nike circuit this past weekend speak for themselves. You want guys who can takeover against the best recruits in the nation. The only other guys we are looking at who are posting those types of numbers are Hoard and Devoe

The tapes I saw looked OK, but I wasn't wowed. I haven't seen anything about Nike last weekend.

Maybe there is more.

Is Roy even gonna be there by the time Hoard arrives on campus?

We just need to get any 2 of Hoard, Mucius and Newman. Would be surprised if we don't.

Not sure why anyone would think getting Newman would be a good get. He may develop into a decent defensive player over time but he certainly is more of a role player type, not a star in any sense, hopefully we can/should do better. If he becomes a Deac, I would definitely support him but would not be really thrilled if he did commit.

Hoard is in a class of his own. He's already a 5* on Scout and is likely going to be a consensus one soon. He is the best player WF is recruiting and should be the priority over all else right now.

Hoard is in a class of his own. He's already a 5* on Scout and is likely going to be a consensus one soon. He is the best player WF is recruiting and should be the priority over all else right now.

Agreed

We just need to get any 2 of Hoard, Mucius and Newman. Would be surprised if we don't.

Which one has the French connection with Sarr?

Back