• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

wow, the DraftExpress guys just dropped at 2019 first round mock draft and they're already projecting Sarr as a two and done, #23 overall in 2019.

Sarr is a fluid and mobile 7-footer who shows nice versatility on both ends of the floor. He's still in an early stage of development, particularly in terms of his frame, but should emerge as an interesting prospect for NBA teams to track in the ACC down the road.

Other notables: Zion Williamson #2, Brandon Randolph as a two and done at #17, Josh Okogie #26, no Crawford (not in the 18 mock either), no Chaundee, no Hoard.

Just saw this on ESPN... There are some weird guys on that list, but I guess that is what happens when you are projecting a draft before having 2 years of additional data.

If Sarr leaves for the NBA in 2 years (or ever), that would be amazing.

Excited for this basketball season... I had been concerned about all of the guys we lost, but starting to feel more optimistic about our depth and athleticism.

If Sarr is that good in his sophomore year and Bryant stays (obviously two huge ifs) then you would have to assume we are in the running for an ACC and NCAA title.

Ayo could visit France with Hoard and Sarr and hang out with all those horny French girls.

If Sarr is that good in his sophomore year and Bryant stays (obviously two huge ifs) then you would have to assume we are in the running for an ACC and NCAA title.

From what I saw this summer, if he works really hard and puts on some weight, Sarr could be a star. He's got all the physical talent. A little thing that's important these days is that he knows how to set picks and is fairly good at rolling off them. He seems to like doing it. With a little work, he could be come a top level pick and pop guy. He shot 80% on FTs at FIBA that should translate into hitting open elbow Js.

DK5wPRBV4AAZ3nT.jpg

One of the coolest things for athletes at Wake is that they get to know lots of "regular" students. I hope some say "Hi" while he's on his visit.

With today being the first day of practice, does Ayo get to participate or is he only allowed to sit & watch?

Sit and watch. He cannot 'tryout' while on his official. He can play with the players, but the coaches cannot observe. What usually happens is the coaches set up a game with the current players, and then some student managers are in there and give a report back to the coaching staff.

Sit and watch. He cannot 'tryout' while on his official. He can play with the players, but the coaches cannot observe. What usually happens is the coaches set up a game with the current players, and then some student managers are in there and give a report back to the coaching staff.

So if you had to pick teams for this random pick up game, how would you split them up? Current players + Ayo, Hoard, and Dickinson.

So if you had to pick teams for this random pick up game, how would you split them up? Current players + Ayo, Hoard, and Dickinson.

I want to hear Wrangor's thoughts, but i'd go:
Ayo, Key, Hoard, Sarr, Doral
v
Crawford, Chaundee, Melo, T Thomp, Sam

Last edited:
Don't forget to get Dickinson in there. #13 in the 2020 class.

Don't forget to get Dickinson in there. #13 in the 2020 class.

then I guess you start Dickinson instead of Sam. So:
Ayo, Key, Hoard, Sarr, Doral (oop fest with key for the kickout)
v
Crawford, Chaundee, Melo, TT, Dickinson

Back