• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Just wanted to reaffirm my point to point to MDMH that recruiting is an ever changing process and kids have motives that none of us will understand until the final decision is made.

Even then, I'm not sure we ever fully understand the motives that drive the decision. We know what the decision is. Rarely do we fully understand how it came about.

"Does Ayo want to be a catalyst in Helping bring the illini back to glory?"

...this sounds like us when discussing Giles.

I would bet Ayo has his mind made up, he knows where he wants to go.

That's all I think this is. I'd be really surprised if after announcing a final two, he somehow adds Illinois back in.

It's being reported that VT may be getting back Khadim Sy, one of their few experienced bigs (he started most games last year as a freshman but didn't play much beyond the first media timeout). He left school last month and ended up at a JUCO in Florida. According to the coach there, Sy is now back at VT. Whether this flip-flop is a factor in Nolley's flip-flop, who knows.

Illinois has a 5 man 2017 class with no Top 75 players. Somehow it's the #2 class in the Big Ten. Only 3 of them committed to Underwood. Illinois has no 2018 class.

This. ^^ When you look at the players that each program has and the players that will be at the two programs next year, it's a no-brainer.

not that much to do with wake recruiting but zion williamson measured 6-5 barefoot at USA bball but is a massive 272 lbs and has a 6-10.5 wingspan. he can't really shoot but he's ridiculously athletic. really unique prospect.

And if you were a 17/18 yo kid, wouldn't you want to get laid on one last recruiting trip?

I’m sure that’s important to you since you haven’t had a date in 40 years that didn’t include leaving the cash on the dresser, but would you please just shut the fuck up ?

not that much to do with wake recruiting but zion williamson measured 6-5 barefoot at USA bball but is a massive 272 lbs and has a 6-10.5 wingspan. he can't really shoot but he's ridiculously athletic. really unique prospect.

Sounds like a young Sir Charles. People forget that even as the Round Mound of Rebound, Chuck was a freak of a jumper.

Old man talks about underage kids having sex to go along with intimate details of prison rape and male on male dick sucking not being homosexual acts but about displays of power. That about sums up RJ's posts about sex.

No fun sir....you are VERY, VERY OLD for your age...
Really nothing fun-ny about that post. Just weird as hell. Aside from Louisville targets, I doubt hardly any recruits are having sex on an official visit.

Probably already been discussed, but UI's current roster is very thin in the front court. Think the have a guy that's 6'7", two at 6'9" and one at 6'10". I think a couple of those guys are freshman as well. They are calling 6'6" players forwards and appear to be fully stocked with guards.

I get the fact that UI's gonna run a 3 guard lineup, but as the team appears on paper, it's gonna be tough sledding again for them this year in the B1G. With no bigs in the fold, if Ayo actually does commit in the next week to ten days, the choice couldn't be more clear.

Back